Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to build a Forum?

joekskejoekske Posts: 21Member
hi

I want to build a forum looking like this forum.
I want to use a datagrid and like this forum you there must be a posibility to reply to a replay and the layout must be like this forum.

anyone any idea's?

thanks

joekske

Comments

• BrutesBrutes Posts: 162Member
    Use the asp:HyperLinkColumn to direct the request to another page in the grid.
  • joekskejoekske Posts: 21Member
    thanks

But i'm more worried about the layout.
    How can i every RE jumb in?
    : thanks
    :
    : But i'm more worried about the layout.
    : How can i every RE jumb in?
    :
    testje
    : thanks
    :
    : But i'm more worried about the layout.
    : How can i every RE jumb in?
    :
    testje2
    [b][red]This message was edited by Brutes at 2003-5-9 0:37:59[/red][/b][hr]
    The link attribute will contain the id that you use to uniquely identify each message in the data base... The id colomn.

You will have to work out a link algorithim you use to link the messages to another. (This is in the DataBase)
    Say the root is "A" the first RE: is "AA" (if someone else also replies to the root it's "AB") when someone replies to the first RE: it's "AAA" so you know where to populate the message to. You will have to think for multiple message too...

You can increment the count of the root message.
    Appending that count to the Link column. A100...AA100...AAA100
    AB100
    AC100...ACA100...ACAA100
    A101...AA101
    AB101

Understand?

yes i understand and have done that.
    In my database the messages look like this
    ms_ID Topic_Id parent_id subject message date usr_id
    1 1 0 blabla blabla 9/5/2003 1010
    2 1 1 dkjkj dkdj 10/5/2003 1505
    I have been able to write some code to present my data with the right jumbs.(Response.Write())But I still don't understand how you can do this by using a datagrid.
    private void udgIntray_InitializeRow(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.RowEventArgs e)
    {
    e.Row.Cells[5].Value = "Goto Task";
    }