switch from VS 6.0 to VS .NET - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

switch from VS 6.0 to VS .NET

ThemisThemis Posts: 73Member
I've recently switched from Visual Studio 6.0 to Visual Studio .NET. However I 've problems when trying to debug a C++ application (haven't tried yet other language such as C#). In VS6.0 when you had a pointer (e.g. int* p) and you placed in the watch p you were getting the address of p and you could also see where it was pointing. Lets say that the p was pointing at a class, you could see the class members etc. In .NET nothing of that happens. What is wrong I can't see the contents of my pointers in the debugging which renders debug almost useless. What am I making wrong? I can't understand! Can you give any help?

Themis