Refresh with ADODC - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Refresh with ADODC

FionnaFionna Posts: 9Member
I'm trying to refresh a Datagrid object connected with ADODC with a connectionstring.

The problem is that for each change I make in the Datagrid I have to call the Timer object with an interval of 500 miliseconds, otherwise, the changes disappear from the Datagrid.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : I'm trying to refresh a Datagrid object connected with ADODC with a connectionstring.
    :
    : The problem is that for each change I make in the Datagrid I have to call the Timer object with an interval of 500 miliseconds, otherwise, the changes disappear from the Datagrid.
    :
    : What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure, but I think you have to call .Update or something on the grid to send your changes to the database? I know that ADO does a lot of magic behind the scenes so that may not be the problem, but it sounds like the refresh is requerying the database and populating the grid with your pre-change data.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• FionnaFionna Posts: 9Member
    Thanks for your replay infidel, I'll try and see if your right.