Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

true type fonts

mstechcamstechca Member Posts: 64
does anyone have ideas on how I can read and display a windows 95 true-type font file in Qbasic 1.1?
email: mstechcae@webcity.ca

Comments

• davimedradedavimedrade Member Posts: 105
    Probabily, you will need to download QB 4.5 (or any other with QLB support) because making TTF routines in QB 1.1 Basic code will make slow routines (TTF fonts are basically a collection of Lines and Bzier Curves). After getting the QB 4.5, you will need a TTF Library. You can use the FreeType 2.0, which opens TTF, FON, TTC and other Mac and linux fonts. But, since this Lib is for C, you will need many effort to make it function in QB.

Davi Medrade
    Sao Paulo - Brazil

Note: Sorry because of my poor English.

• ryukaiser2002ryukaiser2002 Member Posts: 33
    : Probabily, you will need to download QB 4.5 (or any other with QLB support) because making TTF routines in QB 1.1 Basic code will make slow routines (TTF fonts are basically a collection of Lines and Bzier Curves). After getting the QB 4.5, you will need a TTF Library. You can use the FreeType 2.0, which opens TTF, FON, TTC and other Mac and linux fonts. But, since this Lib is for C, you will need many effort to make it function in QB.
    :
    : Davi Medrade
    : Sao Paulo - Brazil
    :
    : Note: Sorry because of my poor English.
    :
    :

Adding a little comment here. Once you have the Bzier Curve algorithm down, all you need to do is apply a scaling algorithm for sizes and voala, you have a TTF displayer. I was thinking about doing this for my graphics lib. This is pure assembler though, not QB. :( If I do manage to get around to it, I'll send you the source. *bookmarks page*
  • davimedradedavimedrade Member Posts: 105
    Ok. When you have any source, send to me, plz...
    If you have TTF file specification, send to me, plz...
    If you have any Bzier curve function, send to me, plz...

I can help you doing this Graphics Lib.

I can do QB and ASM code, but I mainly use C (Watcom). I hope I can help.

Davi Medrade
    So Paulo - Brazil

P.S.: Sorry because of my poor English. My native language is Portuguese...
  • Folker FritzFolker Fritz Member Posts: 19
    : Ok. When you have any source, send to me, plz...
    : If you have TTF file specification, send to me, plz...
    : If you have any Bzier curve function, send to me, plz...
    :
    : I can help you doing this Graphics Lib.
    :
    : I can do QB and ASM code, but I mainly use C (Watcom). I hope I can help.
    :
    : Davi Medrade
    : So Paulo - Brazil
    :
    : P.S.: Sorry because of my poor English. My native language is Portuguese...

i think the true type fonts are very complex and that's why i don't try to load them in qbasic. i had the idea but stopped when i was reading the damn loooooooong specifications.

here is the true type specification:
    http://www.microsoft.com/truetype/tt/tt.htm