Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Passing though a function

RykonRykon Posts: 10Member
How can I make a new function and pass a var. through it?

Comments

• BrutesBrutes Posts: 162Member
    Hi Rykon

They called Methods Rykon.

I am not sure how you mean make a function?
    Can you tell me what it is you need to do?
    You need a basic structure of a method and how to call it?
  • RykonRykon Posts: 10Member
    My question is for this type of example in C++

Int myfunction(int hi)
    {
    int j;
    j = hi + 2;

Return hi;
    }
    then calling it
    int h = 4;
    myfunction(h)

I can not get the "myfunction(h)" to pass into "myfunction9int (hi)"

• lyubolyubo Posts: 17Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by lyubo at 2003-5-2 9:7:4[/red][/b][hr]
    : My question is for this type of example in C++
    :
    : Int myfunction(int hi)
    : {
    : int j;
    : j = hi + 2;
    :
    : Return hi;
    : }
    : then calling it
    : int h = 4;
    : myfunction(h)
    :
    : I can not get the "myfunction(h)" to pass into "myfunction9int (hi)"
    keke, in the example you provided, you return the same variable you've put as parameter, unmodifyed.
    Anyway I've, a little bit, forgotten c++, try calling myfunction from other function. Is myfunction in the global(is global function) namespace?

Furthermore, you should try addressing your question in the C++ Forum ;-)

: keke, in the example you provided, you return the same variable you've put as parameter, unmodifyed.
    : Anyway I've, a little bit, forgotten c++, try calling myfunction from other function. Is myfunction in the global(is global function) namespace?
    :
    : Furthermore, you should try addressing your question in the C++ Forum ;-)
    :

First I was doing a compare to c++ and the code was psuedo. You where no help to my question, read the first post.

: : keke, in the example you provided, you return the same variable you've put as parameter, unmodifyed.
    : : Anyway I've, a little bit, forgotten c++, try calling myfunction from other function. Is myfunction in the global(is global function) namespace?
    : :
    : : Furthermore, you should try addressing your question in the C++ Forum ;-)
    : :
    :
    : First I was doing a compare to c++ and the code was psuedo. You where no help to my question, read the first post.
    :
    :
    Sorry, thought, I didn't see the comparement.
    [b][red]This message was edited by Rykon at 2003-5-2 9:51:26[/red][/b][hr]
    That is ok, I was giving an example in c++ and I was wonder the C# equiv. Might I add I need it to work with a static and an object.

[b][red]This message was edited by lyubo at 2003-5-2 10:1:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Rykon at 2003-5-2 9:51:26[/red][/b][hr]
    : That is ok, I was giving an example in c++ and I was wonder the C# equiv. Might I add I need it to work with a static and an object.
    :
    :
    :
    I'll try to give an example of what I think you are trying to express (hopefully, if we are both lucky, i will not be wrong ;))
    using System;
    namespace MyTestSpace
    // namespace
    {
    // simple SHOWOFF class
    public class WhatACalculator
    // class
    {
    // simple static method
    public static int Add(int fNum,int lNum)
    // method
    {
    // add the two values and return the result;
    return fNum+lNum;
    } // end method
    static void Main()
    { // method
    int myAge=18; // yes i'm 18
    int myGirlFriendsAge=16; // no, my girlfriend's is not 16
    int myMomsAge= // because my mom's age is 35 ;-)
    // calling the static add method, we don't need an object instance forIt
    WhatACalculator.Add(myAge,myGirlFriendsAge);
    // display the result from the Add method usage;
    Console.WriteLine(myMomsAge.ToString());
    } // end method
    } // end class
    } // end namespace

There is one problem with this code, it is not that same (to my knowlege) as one needed for a Windows app, not a console app. The main diff that I can find is the passing through an object(i.e. no static). Could you be any help on that?
    : There is one problem with this code, it is not that same (to my knowlege) as one needed for a Windows app, not a console app. The main diff that I can find is the passing through an object(i.e. no static). Could you be any help on that?
    :
    First - yes this is console demo app.
    Second what help exactly do you need, i'm confused now :)
    Ok, I can make a console app and get methods to work, but when I try the same tactic on a windows app it will not work. The only difference that I can see it that I am trying to pass from a object(i.e. a method for a button) to a static method. Any idea of what I am talking about now?