Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Learning game programming?

How did you guys learn all this?

I am just busy with the basics, but I want to do this later..

Can you tell me how you learned it.
If it is some tutorial on the internet(wich I prefer) could you please place/mail me the link.

Comments

• Cactus JoeCactus Joe Member Posts: 5
    I can't speak for everyone, but I learned by reading books. "OpenGL Game Programming" is a good one about 3D graphics, "Sams teach yourself Game Programming with DirectX in 21 Days" is a good book about using Direct3D to create 2D games. For online help check out www.GameDev.net. They have many Tuts, book reviews, and more.
    [hr]
    Why can't we use HTML!?

• Mr. ChiMr. Chi Member Posts: 11
    : I can't speak for everyone, but I learned by reading books. "OpenGL Game Programming" is a good one about 3D graphics, "Sams teach yourself Game Programming with DirectX in 21 Days" is a good book about using Direct3D to create 2D games. For online help check out www.GameDev.net. They have many Tuts, book reviews, and more.
    : [hr]
    : Why can't we use HTML!?
    :
    :
    Damn, This topic is about something very different.

THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, ON MY OWN FORUM: I would have deleted this post, and then give a warning(1 - 3)

Jeez.
    [b][red]This message was edited by Cactus Joe at 2003-5-4 8:35:43[/red][/b][hr]
    The Hell?

What are you talking about?

[hr]
    "Obey Your Master!" -Master of Puppets [Metallica]

• Mr. ChiMr. Chi Member Posts: 11
    Oh my very big excuses...

I read wrong.
    I thaught that the thing you wrote was a quote from mine, and that your signature was your post.

I am so sorry, I am new to these type of board.

[b][red]This message was edited by Cactus Joe at 2003-5-5 11:26:59[/red][/b][hr]
    Oh. Heh. I see.
    I'm new to these types of boards also. I personally hate this type of board, but this is such a great site so it doesn't bother me too much. I don't post the quotes because I find them annoying. It's easy enough to click back to see what some one else wrote.

[hr]
    // SIG:

"Obey Your Master!" - Master of Puppets [Metallica]

//END SIG
    [hr]

• CaineCaine Member Posts: 5
    : How did you guys learn all this?
    :
    : I am just busy with the basics, but I want to do this later..
    :
    :
    : Can you tell me how you learned it.
    : If it is some tutorial on the internet(wich I prefer) could you please place/mail me the link.
    :
    :

Hey, look. I'm also a beginner and a big fan of andre's books.
    If you realy want to learn game programming start with the book "Windows game programminf for dummies". It covers ddraw, dinput, dsound and it gives you an engine to start with. Maybe it's a bit old-fashion but I can't think of a better place to start. And if you master one part of directx it's not too hard to master them all. " The tricks of the windows game programming gurus is also a good book and from the same writer. Buy it and enjoy.

Hope it helps. greetz Caine