Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Component update for VS.NET

aravind_snaravind_sn Posts: 1Member
While I try to install the VS.NET , I am getting the menu with "Install component update" and the other two is in disabled state. But when I tried to intall the component update, It seeks the Component update CD for Visual Studio .NET. What I have to do for that ? I tried with all the CD's labled VS.NET.

So plz advice for me..Great thanks

Aravind

Comments

• raymcdraymcd Posts: 284Member
    : While I try to install the VS.NET , I am getting the menu with "Install component update" and the other two is in disabled state. But when I tried to intall the component update, It seeks the Component update CD for Visual Studio .NET. What I have to do for that ? I tried with all the CD's labled VS.NET.
    :
    : So plz advice for me..Great thanks
    :
    : Aravind
    :
    :
    THere is a seperate CD that comes with Studio .Net. It is the component Update CD that is being referred to above. You could try installing the individual items and see if VS recognizes that you don't need the updates. Here's a starter list...

.NetFramework
    Latest IE (min 6.0)
    MDAC 2.7
    NT4 SP6a (if applicable)
    win2k sp2 (if applicable)
    win98 sp1 (I didn't think it installs on win98 but its on the cd)
    Windows Installer 2.0
    WMI (not sure what this is for)
    FrontPageServer (if you will require it, I think its optional)

I might be missing something, but you might be able to get away with downloading and installing these individually.

-ray