Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

to set up a web server

I need to know the steps from start to finish of creating a web server
i know what it does in terms of communication but i have never endeavoured to set up one. so i need help.

Comments

• cashinnet88cashinnet88 Member Posts: 2
    are you going to set up your own hosting company? don't waste money on that idea, if you dont have such knowledge about it!
    we have solution that you can build your own remote server, with a very economic way, i can offer the following

1)unlimited space ,bandwidth hosting
    2)unlimited everything reseller hosting

you can get it from me at a very cheap monthly fees, reply to me if you are looking for this type of solution cashinnet88 yahoo.com

thanks
    andrew

• beretta502beretta502 Member Posts: 1
    what kind of web server? what will it be used for?
    You can set up a good server using linux running apache. and if you want to have a database running, you could use mySQL and use cgi perl or php to interface it with webpages. the best part of that setup is that all the programs are free. it took me less than a month to learn how to set it all up (it was all new to me at the time).
    you have to set up linux (when installing it, dont install the perl language, but do install the c++ compiler, you need c++)
    after setting up linux, install perl,
    then apache with modPerl,
    then mySQL.

after you setup linux the apache, perl, and mySQL sites are very helpfull with the rest of the setup, they gives step by step instuctions in setting up these services.