destroying MDI childrens - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

destroying MDI childrens

PAGPAG Posts: 168Member
[b][red]This message was edited by PAG at 2003-4-26 14:31:50[/red][/b][hr]
I have this MDI application, which creates a (random) number of mdi childrens during it's existence. So what im wondering about is when I close the main window(which all child windows are in) will they get destroyed automatically or do I have to destroy them myself? Why im wondering is, I tried putting a message box in the WM_DESTROY case in the childs message handling procedure. And when I run the app and create a couple of child windows and exit the application with the child windows still visible, i get no message box to show...

edit. o yea, this is under the normal Win32 API not MFC or any of that stuff...

Comments

• pingpongpingpong Posts: 937Member
    You should get WM_DESTROY in the children windows. Can you show us some code?

: [b][red]This message was edited by PAG at 2003-4-26 14:31:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have this MDI application, which creates a (random) number of mdi childrens during it's existence. So what im wondering about is when I close the main window(which all child windows are in) will they get destroyed automatically or do I have to destroy them myself? Why im wondering is, I tried putting a message box in the WM_DESTROY case in the childs message handling procedure. And when I run the app and create a couple of child windows and exit the application with the child windows still visible, i get no message box to show...
    :
    : edit. o yea, this is under the normal Win32 API not MFC or any of that stuff...
    :
    :
    :

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : You should get WM_DESTROY in the children windows. Can you show us some code?
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by PAG at 2003-4-26 14:31:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I have this MDI application, which creates a (random) number of mdi childrens during it's existence. So what im wondering about is when I close the main window(which all child windows are in) will they get destroyed automatically or do I have to destroy them myself? Why im wondering is, I tried putting a message box in the WM_DESTROY case in the childs message handling procedure. And when I run the app and create a couple of child windows and exit the application with the child windows still visible, i get no message box to show...
    : :
    : : edit. o yea, this is under the normal Win32 API not MFC or any of that stuff...
    :
    :
    [blue]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/Windowing/MultipleDocumentInterface/MultipleDocumentInterfaceReference/MultipleDocumentInterfaceMessages/WM_MDIDESTROY.asp[/blue]