Compiler & IDE Recommendations - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Compiler & IDE Recommendations

rickyp1rickyp1 Posts: 8Member
Im just looking for some free compiler/IDE recommendations. Right now I am using GPL SharpDevelop. Its a rather nice IDE but I dont know what to think of the comipler. I seem to get alot of errors on Microsofts C# Direct3D code that comes with DirectX SDK. I also get errors with SharpDevelops own templates that comes with SharpDevelop. For example of the Direct3D code errors. I use the Sample Browser and check C# and Tutorials. The very first entry, "Create a Device" gives me the following errors:

The type or namespace 'DirectX' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace 'DirectX' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace name 'Device' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

From these compiler outputs the only idea I have that could be wrong is that I am missing files. I installed SharpDevelop, Microsoft's DirectX 9.0a and Microsoft's DirectX 9.0 SDK. This should be all that I need, correct?

I thank any recommendations and/or any comments about what might be my problem. Richard E. Parks II

Comments

• BrutesBrutes Posts: 162Member
    Hi Richard.

It's not the compiler.
    Visual Studio creates an Assembly file with the project witch includes all the referances to other used Assemblys like DirectX9 or Cryptogriphy ext.

I haven't been able to get it working outside Visual Studio, but this should give you a hint as to what to look for.

Good Luck.