MODEM I/O - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MODEM I/O

Ray2003Ray2003 Posts: 163Member
I've got a few questions about a modem. If you know an answer to one of them (or more) PLEASE help me by replying. I'm very very experienced in VB and know nearly everything about it but now I need some serious help.

1. Does someone know how to get access to the modem from VB and getting the complete input and output?

2. Does someone have a DLL that can get the complete I/O off the modem?

3. Does someone know how to disable the handling off incoming data in windows? Ie: I want to handle incoming data myself and not windows.

This were all questions. Why I want this all? I'm planning with some others to make an OS but it's not a real OS because it's running under Windows. But for that, I need to disable some things and handle that myself in that OS so it looks like it's a real OS. :-D'

Thanks for reading this all,
Ray2003

In order from the Randows Corporation that includes:
Ray2003 (me), BitByBit_Thor, Cyrax_Creations, Criminality, Welshy

Comments

• adrianxwadrianxw Posts: 127Member
    : I've got a few questions about a modem. If you know an answer to one of them (or more) PLEASE help me by replying. I'm very very experienced in VB and know nearly everything about it but now I need some serious help.
    :
    : 1. Does someone know how to get access to the modem from VB and getting the complete input and output?
    :
    : 2. Does someone have a DLL that can get the complete I/O off the modem?
    :
    : 3. Does someone know how to disable the handling off incoming data in windows? Ie: I want to handle incoming data myself and not windows.
    :
    : This were all questions. Why I want this all? I'm planning with some others to make an OS but it's not a real OS because it's running under Windows. But for that, I need to disable some things and handle that myself in that OS so it looks like it's a real OS. :-D'
    :
    : Thanks for reading this all,
    : Ray2003
    :
    : In order from the Randows Corporation that includes:
    : Ray2003 (me), BitByBit_Thor, Cyrax_Creations, Criminality, Welshy
    :
    :

There is an API called "TAPI" that deals with modems and all that stuff, search google for it. I have no idea how it will interface with VB, but you might.

Med venlig hilsen,

Adrian...