MODEM I/O - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MODEM I/O

Ray2003Ray2003 Posts: 163Member
I've got a few questions about a modem. If you know an answer to one of them (or more) PLEASE help me by replying. I'm very very experienced in VB and know nearly everything about it but now I need some serious help.

1. Does someone know how to get access to the modem from VB and getting the complete input and output?

2. Does someone have a DLL that can get the complete I/O off the modem?

3. Does someone know how to disable the handling off incoming data in windows? Ie: I want to handle incoming data myself and not windows.

This were all questions. Why I want this all? I'm planning with some others to make an OS but it's not a real OS because it's running under Windows. But for that, I need to disable some things and handle that myself in that OS so it looks like it's a real OS. :-D'

Thanks for reading this all,
Ray2003

In order from the Randows Corporation that includes:
Ray2003 (me), BitByBit_Thor, Cyrax_Creations, Criminality, Welshy

Comments

• adrianxwadrianxw Posts: 127Member
    : I've got a few questions about a modem. If you know an answer to one of them (or more) PLEASE help me by replying. I'm very very experienced in VB and know nearly everything about it but now I need some serious help.
    :
    : 1. Does someone know how to get access to the modem from VB and getting the complete input and output?
    :
    : 2. Does someone have a DLL that can get the complete I/O off the modem?
    :
    : 3. Does someone know how to disable the handling off incoming data in windows? Ie: I want to handle incoming data myself and not windows.
    :
    : This were all questions. Why I want this all? I'm planning with some others to make an OS but it's not a real OS because it's running under Windows. But for that, I need to disable some things and handle that myself in that OS so it looks like it's a real OS. :-D'
    :
    : Thanks for reading this all,
    : Ray2003
    :
    : In order from the Randows Corporation that includes:
    : Ray2003 (me), BitByBit_Thor, Cyrax_Creations, Criminality, Welshy
    :
    :

There is an API called "TAPI" that deals with modems and all that stuff, search google for it. I have no idea how it will interface with VB, but you might.

Med venlig hilsen,

Adrian...