Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Microcontroller

I have a microcontroller base product and was wondering if it is possible to decode/break the microcontroller ????
Is there any way that a microcontroller can be unlocked/broken ???
let me know !!!
thx

Comments

• abhijithabhijith Posts: 1Member
    : I have a microcontroller base product and was wondering if it is possible to decode/break the microcontroller ????
    : Is there any way that a microcontroller can be unlocked/broken ???
    : let me know !!!
    : thx
    :
    :

hi

i m not that familiar with all microcontrollers but i know something about PIC microcontrollers from microchip.

the programmer circuits for uCs along with the software required in the PC is available in the net. eg: P877 of Mario Catena. There is an option in the PIC to MASK the code, which will prevent anyone from reading back the hex code from its ROM. Most people will enable masking in the uC if they dont have an 'open' mind. If u r lucky urs wont be a masked one. First find out which uC is used, and then try to find out its programmer circuit and the software.

If i get time, and u tell me the functions required, i will try to code it for u.

bye

abhijith
  • korkor Posts: 198Member
    : : I have a microcontroller base product and was wondering if it is possible to decode/break the microcontroller ????
    : : Is there any way that a microcontroller can be unlocked/broken ???
    : : let me know !!!
    : : thx
    : :
    :
    :
    : hi
    :
    : i m not that familiar with all microcontrollers but i know something about PIC microcontrollers from microchip.
    :
    : the programmer circuits for uCs along with the software required in the PC is available in the net. eg: P877 of Mario Catena. There is an option in the PIC to MASK the code, which will prevent anyone from reading back the hex code from its ROM. Most people will enable masking in the uC if they dont have an 'open' mind. If u r lucky urs wont be a masked one. First find out which uC is used, and then try to find out its programmer circuit and the software.
    :
    : If i get time, and u tell me the functions required, i will try to code it for u.
    :
    : bye
    :
    : abhijith
    :
    It's really quite easy to break a microcontroller, a hammer works just fine. As for unlocking, a dremel tool will pop that top off really nicely. Probably not what you want, but it's fun to do anyway.

As for what you want, it may be simple enough to figure out what it's doing, simply by looking at the inputs and outputs. If it's a more complicated application, disconnect the part from the board, insert it in a trainer board designed for that microprocessor, install some communications software to talk to your computer, making sure it has a debugger included, and begin disassembling the code. Disassemble the code, although usually there's data, too, and you will have to figure out where the actual code starts. Then it's simply a matter of deciphering the code. If it's masked, watch the program execute, and find somewhere it jumps, and figure out the mask based on where it jumped to and which jump instruction makes sense. There may be several, try them all, from this point, it's just trial and error to see if the code looks like it makes sense with each possible mask.
    This probably breaks the licensing agreement, and a couple laws, especially if you steal their code. Check with a lawyer, first, unless you want to try to claim ignorance, which never works.
  • XsirAubreyXsirAubrey Posts: 75Member
    : : : I have a microcontroller base product and was wondering if it is possible to decode/break the microcontroller ????
    : : : Is there any way that a microcontroller can be unlocked/broken ???
    : : : let me know !!!
    : : : thx
    : : :
    : : :
    : : hi
    : : i m not that familiar with all microcontrollers but i know something about PIC microcontrollers from microchip.
    : : the programmer circuits for uCs along with the software required in the PC is available in the net. eg: P877 of Mario Catena. There is an option in the PIC to MASK the code, which will prevent anyone from reading back the hex code from its ROM. Most people will enable masking in the uC if they dont have an 'open' mind. If u r lucky urs wont be a masked one. First find out which uC is used, and then try to find out its programmer circuit and the software.
    : : If i get time, and u tell me the functions required, i will try to code it for u.
    : : bye
    : : abhijith
    : It's really quite easy to break a microcontroller, a hammer works just fine. As for unlocking, a dremel tool will pop that top off really nicely. Probably not what you want, but it's fun to do anyway.
    :
    : As for what you want, it may be simple enough to figure out what it's doing, simply by looking at the inputs and outputs. If it's a more complicated application, disconnect the part from the board, insert it in a trainer board designed for that microprocessor, install some communications software to talk to your computer, making sure it has a debugger included, and begin disassembling the code. Disassemble the code, although usually there's data, too, and you will have to figure out where the actual code starts. Then it's simply a matter of deciphering the code. If it's masked, watch the program execute, and find somewhere it jumps, and figure out the mask based on where it jumped to and which jump instruction makes sense. There may be several, try them all, from this point, it's just trial and error to see if the code looks like it makes sense with each possible mask.
    : This probably breaks the licensing agreement, and a couple laws, especially if you steal their code. Check with a lawyer, first, unless you want to try to claim ignorance, which never works.
    :
    lol
    XsirAubrey
    The search for knowledge is endless.

• AjitgurayaAjitguraya Posts: 1Member
    any micro for revers study contact me