Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I wanna learn Hacking

gtfan28gtfan28 Posts: 25Member
I am 15 and I know a little of C++ and python. I know HTML. I was wondering if any of you knew how to hack and where i could learn to hack. I dont nesicerally mean to hack into like the FBI but like the basics. Also, I was wondering what is the best language to know if I wanted to start hacking?

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : I am 15 and I know a little of C++ and python. I know HTML. I was wondering if any of you knew how to hack and where i could learn to hack. I dont nesicerally mean to hack into like the FBI but like the basics. Also, I was wondering what is the best language to know if I wanted to start hacking?

First, I recommend becoming familiar with search engines like Google. You'd be surprised at what you can find with the right keywords.

Second, "hacking" is an oft-abused term that doesn't really mean what you think it means, but I'll spare you a diatribe because I doubt you'd pay attention to it anyways.

Third, it depends on what you want to do. Since "hack" doesn't mean to me what it appears to mean to you I have no idea what it is you want to do.

I would say that having a good understanding of C is essential since important programs like Linux are written in C.

There are a couple of books I am familiar with, I believe they are titled "Ethical Hacking" and "Steal This Computer Book II". There's also the magazine "2600". I haven't read any of these, but I flip through them at the bookstore now and then and they seem good.

It takes talent and creativity to be a true hacker, not just the know-how or tools to break into systems. Hacking is more like art. If all you want to do is wield power over other people by DDoS'ing them or cracking their passwords then I'm not going to help you with that. There are plenty of ways you can wreak juvenile havoc on cyberspace.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• gtfan28gtfan28 Posts: 25Member
    I just want to further my education in computer programming. Can you show me a place where I can learn easily? Also, should I stick with Windows or try Linux?
    : I just want to further my education in computer programming. Can you show me a place where I can learn easily? Also, should I stick with Windows or try Linux?

Ah, well in that case, welcome aboard! I apologize if I was condescending. I just cringe when I see people saying things like "I wanna be a hacker".

There are lots of places to learn from. It all depends on what you want to do.

I personally would say that Linux is a true "hacker's OS". Windows is important to know because it's so pervasive, but if you really want to get into programming, Linux is a good bet. Partly because Linux doesn't try to hold your hand like Windows does. If you want to do something in Linux, sometimes you have to do it yourself.

So what are you interested in?

I want to know a lot about programming, and that is probably what I want to be when I grow up. I was just saying hacking because it can help my education in programming, and I can see how programs work and can be changed. And honestly it would just be awesome to be able to hack. I was wondering if I should learn python, C++, or both. Should I have Linux on one computer and windows on another? Also, is it possible to hack with windows? Do you know any good books and preferably web sites that have good tutorials? Thanks
    Some other message board told me about some NASM and assembly languages. Is this a good move or what language should I use? Please give me like a good tutorial and a prefered language and a prefered Linux or Windows. Thanks

: I want to know a lot about programming, and that is probably what I want to be when I grow up. I was just saying hacking because it can help my education in programming, and I can see how programs work and can be changed. And honestly it would just be awesome to be able to hack. I was wondering if I should learn python, C++, or both. Should I have Linux on one computer and windows on another? Also, is it possible to hack with windows? Do you know any good books and preferably web sites that have good tutorials? Thanks

Please define "hack" for me as you understand it so I know where you're coming from. To me, hacking is being clever and creative when programming and coming up with elegant solutions. Here is an article about it from Richard Stallman, a man you should learn about if you're going to be a hacker: http://www.stallman.org/on-hacking.html.

Another way I try to describe it to people is that hacking is like art. An artist does what s/he does for the love of doing it, not because the result is "useful", but because they have certain ideas they want to try or techniques they want to utilize. So to me, there is no difference between "hacking" and "programming" other than perhaps motivation and talent.

You should learn as many languages as you feel comfortable with. Python is a very excellent language. Probably my current favorite. C++ is good to know because many programs are written in it, even Windows. If you have a decent computer you can have both Linux and Windows on it.

Is it possible to hack with Windows? No. Windows is just an operating system with a graphical shell. To hack you need at least a compiler. That is not to say you can't hack windows, though, there are many ways to exploit its vulnerabilities if you are so inclined. In reality any piece of software can be "hacked" if what you're talking about is getting the source code or just breaking in to it. Some is more difficult than others. Some isn't worth the effort.

You can find plenty of hacker sites. Just search Google. I can't visit most of them from work here because the network blocks hacking sites.

: Some other message board told me about some NASM and assembly languages. Is this a good move or what language should I use? Please give me like a good tutorial and a prefered language and a prefered Linux or Windows. Thanks

Assembly is good to know. I wish I knew it. I try to teach myself every now and then but it's a fairly dense subject. I haven't found any really good tutorials on NASM that helped me get anywhere. Let me know if you spot any.

Steve Gibson is another guy I would call a true hacker. He writes everything in assembly, even Windows programs. He has a couple of good (but long) essays on his site about what he did when his servers were attacked by hacker vandals. http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm and http://grc.com/dos/drdos.htm

Programming is sort of like the Force. There is a light side and a dark side. As you gain knowledge in programming and/or become a "hacker", you will gain an increasing amount of power over the systems and data of others. It's up to you whether you use that power for good or for evil. I hope you are mature enough to choose the former.

I can't recommend a "preferred" language in a "preferred" environment. I prefer python for many things, and I prefer Linux, but I have more experience using Visual Basic in Windows so in many ways my thinking is biased towards what I know. I do think that C is an important language to learn. Just a step above Assembly and much easier to understand.

OK I am going to try to learn python and C++. I also want to know if you know where I can download Linux and how I can use it while also having Windows on? I want to learn to use Linux but my family needs to use Windows if you understand. So I need three things please: download site, a tutorial, and how to run both and how to get back and forth between the two. Thanks

: OK I am going to try to learn python and C++. I also want to know if you know where I can download Linux and how I can use it while also having Windows on? I want to learn to use Linux but my family needs to use Windows if you understand. So I need three things please: download site, a tutorial, and how to run both and how to get back and forth between the two. Thanks

You can download Linux all over the internet. What you want, though, is a "distribution" of Linux like Mandrake, Red Hat, Debian, or another (there are dozens). Mandrake is said to be fairly easy for new users, so maybe try them. Typically it comes with a program called LILO that allows you to pick an OS when your machine boots up so you can choose Linux or Windows. It's a good idea to back up your Windows hard drive just in case anyways.

Just do a search for Mandrake Linux.

Another option if you'd just like to play around a bit with Linux before trying to install it on your windows machine is Knoppix. You can download the Knoppix image and burn it to a CD and then you have a bootable CD that will run Linux from RAM without messing anything up on your hard drive. I have a Knoppix CD and it's pretty cool.

Unless you have something like VMWare (which is not free), I don't believe you can run multiple OSs at the same time. To switch you have to shutdown and reboot. Any of the distributions should have plenty of documentation and FAQs/tutorials available.

• ErikTheGameErikTheGame Posts: 21Member
    : : I am 15 and I know a little of C++ and python. I know HTML. I was wondering if any of you knew how to hack and where i could learn to hack. I dont nesicerally mean to hack into like the FBI but like the basics. Also, I was wondering what is the best language to know if I wanted to start hacking?
    :
    : First, I recommend becoming familiar with search engines like Google. You'd be surprised at what you can find with the right keywords.
    :
    : Second, "hacking" is an oft-abused term that doesn't really mean what you think it means, but I'll spare you a diatribe because I doubt you'd pay attention to it anyways.
    :
    : Third, it depends on what you want to do. Since "hack" doesn't mean to me what it appears to mean to you I have no idea what it is you want to do.
    :
    : I would say that having a good understanding of C is essential since important programs like Linux are written in C.
    :
    : There are a couple of books I am familiar with, I believe they are titled "Ethical Hacking" and "Steal This Computer Book II". There's also the magazine "2600". I haven't read any of these, but I flip through them at the bookstore now and then and they seem good.
    :
    : It takes talent and creativity to be a true hacker, not just the know-how or tools to break into systems. Hacking is more like art. If all you want to do is wield power over other people by DDoS'ing them or cracking their passwords then I'm not going to help you with that. There are plenty of ways you can wreak juvenile havoc on cyberspace.
    :
    : Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :
    eheheheeheh i "hack" my friends and ppl i know with cool viruses and stuff, nothing that will hurt them though =D Like Backdoor, and things like that

What do you mean by hacking Infidel? The only way of "HACKING" is to crack passwords and stuff, isnt it?

www.lenshell.com has some of the programs i play with =D

Could u tell me what u mean by that?

Im stil trying to learn more about C++ and Python, but i just dont understand any of it =((((( HTML is a LOT easier
    [size=5][red] [/red][purple] [/purple][green] [/green][blue] k [/blue][/size]

[size=1][red]Pe[/red][green]@[/green][blue]cE[/blue][/size]