Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

AVI-Tool

ConstantinConstantin Posts: 10Member
Hi

Can someone help to write an Avi Player.
I need this tool for my project.
This tool can play uncompressed and compressed avi files.

Comments

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : Hi
    :
    : Can someone help to write an Avi Player.
    : I need this tool for my project.
    : This tool can play uncompressed and compressed avi files.

This is going to be extremely difficult. A lot of the AVI formats aren't documented (except for a price $$$). It's easy enought to play back uncompressed AVI files. If you want to support all AVI file formats, the easiest way would probably learn how windows stores it's decompression files and then just use the ones built for windows.

Phat Nat
  • ConstantinConstantin Posts: 10Member
    : : Hi
    : :
    : : Can someone help to write an Avi Player.
    : : I need this tool for my project.
    : : This tool can play uncompressed and compressed avi files.
    :
    : This is going to be extremely difficult. A lot of the AVI formats aren't documented (except for a price $$$). It's easy enought to play back uncompressed AVI files. If you want to support all AVI file formats, the easiest way would probably learn how windows stores it's decompression files and then just use the ones built for windows.
    :
    : Phat Nat
    :
    Yes Ok

lets write a tool to play uncompressed avi files.
    lets write it together.
    we can mail us, about this problem.
    so i look up at the net about avi files.
    you can also look up about avi files.

: : : Hi
    : : :
    : : : Can someone help to write an Avi Player.
    : : : I need this tool for my project.
    : : : This tool can play uncompressed and compressed avi files.
    : : This is going to be extremely difficult. A lot of the AVI formats aren't documented (except for a price $$$). It's easy enought to play back uncompressed AVI files. If you want to support all AVI file formats, the easiest way would probably learn how windows stores it's decompression files and then just use the ones built for windows.
    : : Phat Nat
    : Yes Ok
    :
    : lets write a tool to play uncompressed avi files.
    : lets write it together.
    : we can mail us, about this problem.
    : so i look up at the net about avi files.
    : you can also look up about avi files.

I've written one before. I probably still have it around. Actually I know I do. I'll find it and we can go from there.

Phat Nat

: : : : Hi
    : : : :
    : : : : Can someone help to write an Avi Player.
    : : : : I need this tool for my project.
    : : : : This tool can play uncompressed and compressed avi files.
    : : : This is going to be extremely difficult. A lot of the AVI formats aren't documented (except for a price $$$). It's easy enought to play back uncompressed AVI files. If you want to support all AVI file formats, the easiest way would probably learn how windows stores it's decompression files and then just use the ones built for windows.
    : : : Phat Nat
    : : Yes Ok
    : : lets write a tool to play uncompressed avi files.
    : : lets write it together.
    : : we can mail us, about this problem.
    : : so i look up at the net about avi files.
    : : you can also look up about avi files.
    :
    : I've written one before. I probably still have it around. Actually I know I do. I'll find it and we can go from there.
    :

Sorry, just found it. I thought I used it for a game intro once, but it wasn't an AVI, it was a FLI file.

Phat Nat

• ConstantinConstantin Posts: 10Member
    : : : : : Hi
    : : : : :
    : : : : : Can someone help to write an Avi Player.
    : : : : : I need this tool for my project.
    : : : : : This tool can play uncompressed and compressed avi files.
    : : : : This is going to be extremely difficult. A lot of the AVI formats aren't documented (except for a price $$$). It's easy enought to play back uncompressed AVI files. If you want to support all AVI file formats, the easiest way would probably learn how windows stores it's decompression files and then just use the ones built for windows.
    : : : : Phat Nat
    : : : Yes Ok
    : : : lets write a tool to play uncompressed avi files.
    : : : lets write it together.
    : : : we can mail us, about this problem.
    : : : so i look up at the net about avi files.
    : : : you can also look up about avi files.
    : : I've written one before. I probably still have it around. Actually I know I do. I'll find it and we can go from there.
    : : Phat Nat
    :
    : Sorry, just found it. I thought I used it for a game intro once, but it wasn't an AVI, it was a FLI file.
    :
    :
    :

yes it is also good, but than we need a converter or simpel program to create fli files.
    can you send me this routine and a demo with a fil file.
    i would like to write it in OOP, for better handling!!!
    Ciao