any tips for releasing freeware / shareware - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

any tips for releasing freeware / shareware

Hi there!

I know this is a bit off-topic....but don't know where else in this board to post....

Does somebody have tips for me if I want to release a tool, written by myself, as free- or shareware?

Which sites are good to make it available to the public?

Are there any standard-liscences I can download and distribute with my tool?

If I use code from somebody else (like in my tool I use a CFolderDialog class from somebody at www.codeguru.com)...do I have to mention the creator - even if I have modified the code...and it contains no special algorithms - I could write it myself know

Thanks in forward

E

Comments

• crashedcrashed Posts: 6Member
    Try the GNU General Public License
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html

Rgds,
    Crashed

: Hi there!
    :
    : I know this is a bit off-topic....but don't know where else in this board to post....
    :
    : Does somebody have tips for me if I want to release a tool, written by myself, as free- or shareware?
    :
    : Which sites are good to make it available to the public?
    :
    : Are there any standard-liscences I can download and distribute with my tool?
    :
    : If I use code from somebody else (like in my tool I use a CFolderDialog class from somebody at www.codeguru.com)...do I have to mention the creator - even if I have modified the code...and it contains no special algorithms - I could write it myself know
    :
    : Thanks in forward
    :
    : E
    :