(access + vb) the microsoft jet database engine stopped the process

Hi , I hope you can help me please
i wrote a clocking program that people use to clock in,in the morning
the program is written in visual basic 6 with an ado control that is connecting to an access 2000 database and using a microsoft jet 4.0 ole db provider.
my ado control settings are as follows 1.cursorlocation = adUseServer
2.cursortype = adopenDynamic
3.locktype = adLockOptimistic
has a read and write mode
this program does the main processing and is located in a workshop
the program on this pc will update the data in the database every 2 min
ex will add 2 min to the login time and 2 min to the project time and so on
in the database each person has a state logon or logoff
so in the morning when i logon the state will change from logoff to logonn

then i also have user that works in the offices that logs onn remote
all that their programms do is it opens the database and goes to their record
and change their state to logon and change the time to the time their logging on to then the program closes

their is 181 records in my tables so it means their is 181 people that clocks
but in the morning when i look at the data in the table to see if every thing is fine there will be about 3 to 7 peoples records that is not correct for instance their state will be changed to logon but their time will not be changed it will still be the time of the previous day
i made that if their is an error it should write to a file.and if i look in the file it will say the microsoft jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are trying to change the same dta at the same time and their will be the exact same amount of messages in the file as to the people that records are incorrect the time of the error and the time of the person that logged on will also be the same
how can it be because al the people have a different record so how can two people whant to change the same data

these errors also only happens in the morning when every clocks in
o and in the afternoon the program clocks them off automaticly so the people that is in the offices dont connect to the database if that would help

please can you help me i am desperate
sorry for the long letter just wan't to make sure i explain everything
o je and the settings for the remote programs ado controls are the same as i set out in point 1,2 and 3

i see all the problems with error the microsoft jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time beeing sed that it is corrupted but my error number differs mine is error number -2147217887

thank you

jacques