Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I am so lost

djmelodjmelo Posts: 1Member
i am currently being hosted by my ISP. i am setting up a web server and need assistance in figuring out what i should do. i am running windows XP home and WIn Me, i also have Red Hat linux on a test bed. i am hoping to use a free dns link to my ip. my problem is at the very begining. from what i have been reading it seems as though XP home does not work for a web server and that i must use Win ME or NT or XP Pro. i hope to set this up as soon as possible but there is no rush.

please resopond Either on this Fourm or Via E-mail.

oh and is this the Right forum to be posting this kind of request?

Emilio

Comments

• FirestormFirestorm Posts: 162Member
    : i am currently being hosted by my ISP. i am setting up a web server and need assistance in figuring out what i should do. i am running windows XP home and WIn Me, i also have Red Hat linux on a test bed. i am hoping to use a free dns link to my ip. my problem is at the very begining. from what i have been reading it seems as though XP home does not work for a web server and that i must use Win ME or NT or XP Pro. i hope to set this up as soon as possible but there is no rush.
    :
    : please resopond Either on this Fourm or Via E-mail.
    :
    : oh and is this the Right forum to be posting this kind of request?
    :
    : Emilio
    :
    So you try to make a webserver running on your home PC, right?
    then you need WAMPP (this is a bundle of that software you need) from
    http://www.apachefriends.org/
    or if you use RedHat you can install everykind of software you need for a webserver from the installtion CDs...