Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Wanna learn Python!

ErikTheGameErikTheGame Posts: 21Member
Hey!!

I'm only 14, but i really want to learn Python PRETTY FAST!!

Can anyone help me with it>? send me codes i could use? Can you make webpages with it?!

I know HTML, and a little of C++, i know a lot of JAVA, but i really want to learn the new stuff!!

Thanks!!
[red] ERIK [/red]

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Hey!!
    :
    : I'm only 14, but i really want to learn Python PRETTY FAST!!
    :
    : Can anyone help me with it>? send me codes i could use? Can you make webpages with it?!
    :
    : I know HTML, and a little of C++, i know a lot of JAVA, but i really want to learn the new stuff!!
    :
    : Thanks!!
    : [red] ERIK [/red]

You can do almost anything with Python, including CGI. If you want to learn it quickly, I suggest you visit www.python.org and download the latest install package. It includes a thorough tutorial as well as an excellent index of the standard modules.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• ErikTheGameErikTheGame Posts: 21Member
    : : Hey!!
    : :
    : : I'm only 14, but i really want to learn Python PRETTY FAST!!
    : : Can anyone help me with it>? send me codes i could use? Can you make webpages with it?!
    : : I know HTML, and a little of C++, i know a lot of JAVA, but i really want to learn the new stuff!!
    : : Thanks!!
    : : [red] ERIK [/red]
    :
    : You can do almost anything with Python, including CGI. If you want to learn it quickly, I suggest you visit www.python.org and download the latest install package. It includes a thorough tutorial as well as an excellent index of the standard modules.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :
    OKies!! Im at home now, that last message was when i was in school, they arent too supportive of me program, but i could care less of what they think!! I was just on that site, i got linked there from here, and it says that the versions have been out since 1999!! I talked to a guy whom wrote the python language, and they said he finished it like 2 months ago or something. Maybe i wasnt paying attention, that happens a lot =D i think the newest version is uhm....2.2.2 or something, if there is a newer one , just tell me on here that there is, i will go download it now!! =D

Thanks

---> lookie at what [red] i [/red] [purple] can [/purple] [blue] do [/blue] [green] !! [/green]

hehe
    *- Erik
  • infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : OKies!! Im at home now, that last message was when i was in school, they arent too supportive of me program, but i could care less of what they think!!

You should care a little bit. No use getting in trouble.

: I was just on that site, i got linked there from here, and it says that the versions have been out since 1999!! I talked to a guy whom wrote the python language, and they said he finished it like 2 months ago or something. Maybe i wasnt paying attention, that happens a lot =D

Guido van Rossum wrote Python originally. Others have helped along the way, but he's the main guy. I think Python goes back before '99, but it doesn't matter, the new versions are much more powerful.

: i think the newest version is uhm....2.2.2 or something, if there is a newer one , just tell me on here that there is, i will go download it now!! =D

2.2.2 is the latest stable release. I believe there is an alpha release of 2.3. You can get them at http://www.python.org/download/

If you program on Windows, I recommend getting the Windows/COM extensions to Python from http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• ErikTheGameErikTheGame Posts: 21Member
    : : OKies!! Im at home now, that last message was when i was in school, they arent too supportive of me program, but i could care less of what they think!!
    :
    : You should care a little bit. No use getting in trouble.
    :
    : : I was just on that site, i got linked there from here, and it says that the versions have been out since 1999!! I talked to a guy whom wrote the python language, and they said he finished it like 2 months ago or something. Maybe i wasnt paying attention, that happens a lot =D
    :
    : Guido van Rossum wrote Python originally. Others have helped along the way, but he's the main guy. I think Python goes back before '99, but it doesn't matter, the new versions are much more powerful.
    :
    : : i think the newest version is uhm....2.2.2 or something, if there is a newer one , just tell me on here that there is, i will go download it now!! =D
    :
    : 2.2.2 is the latest stable release. I believe there is an alpha release of 2.3. You can get them at http://www.python.org/download/
    :
    : If you program on Windows, I recommend getting the Windows/COM extensions to Python from http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :

I wouldnt get in trouble for it, i meant to type they are too supportive of me programming, its just because the CPU "teacher" at school doesnt know what im doing half the time, LOL

Well...people have conferences, and one of my friends went to florida for one, and she got to see how it worked and everything, the guy wrote a book on it...

Elker.net is the site, check it out if ya want =D
    I did get the 2.2.2 one, i only know how to use it as a calculator =D
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!