Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

implement the math function by Assembly code of ARM&

How can I implement the math function, such as sine and cosine by assembler code of ARM7?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• korkor Member Posts: 198
    : How can I implement the math function, such as sine and cosine by assembler code of ARM7?
    :
    : Thank you very much.
    :
    :
    :

The hard part is finding an algorithm for sine, cosine, and tangent. I've looked, and all I've seen is how to approximate it, I just did a search on excite for sine equation or something, got a hit. Basically, it said that you can find the sine of a value quite easily, if it's between 2 known values, by drawing a line between the two known points on a circle, and connecting them, then using similar triangles to find the point along the circle that it connects, and using the fact that sine is opp/hyp, cosine is adj/hyp, and tan is op/adj. Keep doing this, and you can estimate any value to any degree of accuracy.
    Personally, I'm trying to figure out how you can find sine, cosine, and tangent without knowing any values except the radius, and the desired angle to take the function of, even excluding pi. No luck so far, though.