Drawing in an SDI application - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Drawing in an SDI application

eliselis Posts: 1Member
Hello everyone,

This is gonna be a long post, so please bear with me
Also, please have in mind that although I don't lack programming skills, I have little experience using VC++, GDI and MFC.

Ok, here goes. I have to create an SDI application that displays a dialog box on RButtonDown in the main frame. The dialog box should contain some comboboxes and buttons from which I select a shape, the mapping mode, pen style / width / color and whatever else might come in handy (like fill color & stuff). I think I've got this part figured out

The thing is, after I select these parameters and exit the dialog box, I have to draw the selected shape, using the specified parameters in the main frame. Not having MSDN installed and having a poor internet connection is a bad thing and unfortunately that won't change too soon, that being the reason I'm posting here.

Back to the problem. Is there a "shape" class in GDI / MFC that I can use (read: extend) that will cover my needs? That is, something as-easy-as-possible to instantiate and serialize? The objects I draw must be selectable via click and information on them displayed in either a child dialog box or another frame. Also, how do I work with the CAppdrawDoc (appdraw is the name of my app) in order to be able to store an array of "shapes" and save/open them via serialize?

It's kind of an "asap" thingie, so I'd really appreciate an answer. Also, code would be a blessing Documented code would be paradise :P

Thank you in advance,
Elis.

Comments

• dwccgcdwccgc Posts: 576Member
    [blue]
    Check out the Scribble Tutorial from Microsoft MSDN Library.
    [/blue]

: Hello everyone,
    :
    : This is gonna be a long post, so please bear with me
    : Also, please have in mind that although I don't lack programming skills, I have little experience using VC++, GDI and MFC.
    :
    : Ok, here goes. I have to create an SDI application that displays a dialog box on RButtonDown in the main frame. The dialog box should contain some comboboxes and buttons from which I select a shape, the mapping mode, pen style / width / color and whatever else might come in handy (like fill color & stuff). I think I've got this part figured out
    :
    : The thing is, after I select these parameters and exit the dialog box, I have to draw the selected shape, using the specified parameters in the main frame. Not having MSDN installed and having a poor internet connection is a bad thing and unfortunately that won't change too soon, that being the reason I'm posting here.
    :
    : Back to the problem. Is there a "shape" class in GDI / MFC that I can use (read: extend) that will cover my needs? That is, something as-easy-as-possible to instantiate and serialize? The objects I draw must be selectable via click and information on them displayed in either a child dialog box or another frame. Also, how do I work with the CAppdrawDoc (appdraw is the name of my app) in order to be able to store an array of "shapes" and save/open them via serialize?
    :
    : It's kind of an "asap" thingie, so I'd really appreciate an answer. Also, code would be a blessing Documented code would be paradise :P
    :
    : Thank you in advance,
    : Elis.
    :
    :