Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Sparkle in Background

ChristsChildChristsChild Posts: 1Member
I am working on a web page for 12 year olds and I need to make the dark background sparkle. This could possibly be when the curser touches an area on the page or I am open for suggestions. Is this appropriate for JavaScript? Thanks-

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
    : I am working on a web page for 12 year olds and I need to make the dark background sparkle. This could possibly be when the curser touches an area on the page or I am open for suggestions. Is this appropriate for JavaScript? Thanks-
    :

You could use a gif for the background. If the gif showed a sparkle animation, your background would also show it. It would keep sparkling all the time, though. It won't just sparkle when you move the cursor in an area. This idea doesn't involve JavaScript.
  • mac_doggiemac_doggie Posts: 488Member
    You could make a second image that doesn't sparkle, and use javascript to switch between the two images when floating over a specific part of the screen.

: : I am working on a web page for 12 year olds and I need to make the dark background sparkle. This could possibly be when the curser touches an area on the page or I am open for suggestions. Is this appropriate for JavaScript? Thanks-
    : :
    :
    : You could use a gif for the background. If the gif showed a sparkle animation, your background would also show it. It would keep sparkling all the time, though. It won't just sparkle when you move the cursor in an area. This idea doesn't involve JavaScript.
    :

;-)
    -mac-
    mailto:programmersheaven@mac-doggie.nl
    the Netherlands...