Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Array as return value...

BIBSoftBIBSoft Posts: 3Member
Hi! Sorry for this newbie question but I need help with some code just to show me how to create a function which return an array. I can't find any examples anywhere. Please help me.

Comments

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Phat Nat at 2003-3-31 16:21:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi! Sorry for this newbie question but I need help with some code just to show me how to create a function which return an array. I can't find any examples anywhere. Please help me.

Don't be sorry. This is a good question. Here is the esiest way to do it:

[code]
    VAR
    TheArray : Array[0..15] Of String;

PROCEDURE Whatever(Num : Byte; S : String; [b]VAR[/b] MyArray : Array Of String);
    Begin
    MyArray[Num] := S;
    End;

Begin
    Whatever(1,'Hello!',TheArray);
    WriteLn(TheArray[0]);
    WriteLn(TheArray[1]);
    WriteLn(TheArray[2]);
    End.
    [/code]

Make sure that you have the [b]VAR[/b] statement in there or else the data will not be returned to your array.

Phat Nat

• roland48roland48 Posts: 23Member
    : Hi! Sorry for this newbie question but I need help with some code just to show me how to create a function which return an array. I can't find any examples anywhere. Please help me.
    :
    :
    If you want a function and not a procedure with Var-Parameters, you
    have to use pointers:

Type
    TArray=Array[0..10] of string;
    PArray=^TArray;

Function ReturnArray:PArray;
    Var
    P:PArray;
    loop:word;
    begin