Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help finding sample code for Generic Task Boxs

914914 Posts: 3Member
Hi,

I would like to create an application that looks much like the Control Panel window in XP with those "Generic Task Boxs" that roll up and down on the left side of the window.

Has anybody seen sample code like that in a book or on the web? I have searched all over the web and have found nothing that shows me how to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : Hi,
    :
    : I would like to create an application that looks much like the Control Panel window in XP with those "Generic Task Boxs" that roll up and down on the left side of the window.
    :
    : Has anybody seen sample code like that in a book or on the web? I have searched all over the web and have found nothing that shows me how to do that.
    :
    : Thanks in advance for your help.
    :
    : Pete
    :
    [blue]I'm running XP and I don't see anything that looks like that. Mine only shows a bunch is icons (if you selece View | Icon). There's only one window so there is nothing to scroll up-down on the left side.[/blue]
  • 914914 Posts: 3Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I would like to create an application that looks much like the Control Panel window in XP with those "Generic Task Boxs" that roll up and down on the left side of the window.
    : : Has anybody seen sample code like that in a book or on the web? I have searched all over the web and have found nothing that shows me how to do that.
    : : Thanks in advance for your help.
    : : Pete
    : [blue]I'm running XP and I don't see anything that looks like that. Mine only shows a bunch is icons (if you selece View | Icon). There's only one window so there is nothing to scroll up-down on the left side.[/blue]
    :

• 914914 Posts: 3Member
    : : : Hi,
    : : :
    : : : I would like to create an application that looks much like the Control Panel window in XP with those "Generic Task Boxs" that roll up and down on the left side of the window.
    : : : Has anybody seen sample code like that in a book or on the web? I have searched all over the web and have found nothing that shows me how to do that.
    : : : Thanks in advance for your help.
    : : : Pete
    : : [blue]I'm running XP and I don't see anything that looks like that. Mine only shows a bunch is icons (if you selece View | Icon). There's only one window so there is nothing to scroll up-down on the left side.[/blue]
    :
    :

Here is a URL that shows what I am talking about http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~horton/cs305/info/wxp/folders.htm Look at the My Music window. Do you see the Music Tasks and the File Folder Tasks on the left side of the window? That is what I would like to mimic. Any ideas?

Thanks again.
    Pete

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    I can't access that link -- I probably don't have the appropriate permissions.