Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

process control

sureshksureshk Member Posts: 5
I am interested to know whether a program or any command exist using which we can save the state of the process while shutting down the system and restart the process after the system starts to operate ,i.e a programme similar to nohup but allows the user to shutdown the system when they have executed their process half way and want to continue the execution after the system restarts .
example :
If i am running a computing program and after 30 MIN or so its required for me to shutdown the system ,then can i save the state of the process so that i don't need to restart the process and save the 30 MIn of computing time

Comments

• abcabc Member Posts: 443
    : I am interested to know whether a program or any command exist using which we can save the state of the process while shutting down the system and restart the process after the system starts to operate ,i.e a programme similar to nohup but allows the user to shutdown the system when they have executed their process half way and want to continue the execution after the system restarts .
    : example :
    : If i am running a computing program and after 30 MIN or so its required for me to shutdown the system ,then can i save the state of the process so that i don't need to restart the process and save the 30 MIn of computing time
    :
    :
    there seem to be some patches for the 2.4.xx kernel for enabling suspend-to-disk ... and if i'm not mistaken it's in 2.5 too. google for swsusp