Writing elements of an arraylist to a text file - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Writing elements of an arraylist to a text file

PoormanPoorman Posts: 13Member
In the following code, I am iterating through an array list and writing each element out to a file. What should I add to the code to write each element of the array list to a new line in the file.
ex: Test1
Test2
Test3

String word = null;
FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream("password.txt", true);
PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(fos);
for (int i = 0; i < pswdAL.size(); i++)
{
word = (String)pswdAL.get(i);
pw.write(word);
}
pw.close();

Poorman

Comments

• xzilexzile Posts: 11Member
    : In the following code, I am iterating through an array list and writing each element out to a file. What should I add to the code to write each element of the array list to a new line in the file.
    : ex: Test1
    : Test2
    : Test3
    :
    :
    :
    : String word = null;
    : FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream("password.txt", true);
    : PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(fos);
    : for (int i = 0; i < pswdAL.size(); i++)
    : {
    : word = (String)pswdAL.get(i);
    : pw.write(word);
    : }
    : pw.close();
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : Poorman
    :

im not too familiar with FileOutputStream, i usually use DataOutputStream, but you could try
    pw.write(word + "
    ");
    again, not sure if the write() method will do that, but if you havent tried it yet, that'd be my guess.