Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Question...

shaulchshaulch Member Posts: 2
hi !
i'm newbie .

i want to write some program with function(no matter what).
and another program that call to that function(in real time)

how can i do it ?

Comments

• bikibiki Member Posts: 492
    [green]
    What OS and Language/Tools ?
    "real time" do you really mean it ? cos you cant use Windows, Linux, Unix etc. for any "real time" program

[/green]
    : hi !
    : i'm newbie .
    :
    : i want to write some program with function(no matter what).
    : and another program that call to that function(in real time)
    :
    : how can i do it ?
    :

[hr][red]~Bikram[/red]

• shaulchshaulch Member Posts: 2
    : [green]
    : What OS and Language/Tools ?
    : "real time" do you really mean it ? cos you cant use Windows, Linux, Unix etc. for any "real time" program
    :
    :
    : [/green]
    : : hi !
    : : i'm newbie .
    : :
    : : i want to write some program with function(no matter what).
    : : and another program that call to that function(in real time)
    : : how can i do it ?
    :
    : [hr][red]~Bikram[/red]
    :
    :
    no ! no Real - time software....

os = win2000/xp

Visual c++ 6.0 / .net 2002
  • HackmanCHackmanC Member Posts: 441
    Ok, you have a lot of options.
    They are called Interprocess Comunications.

But the world wide prefered method is called RPC or Remote Procedure Call, if you develop for Microsoft Windows that's abstracted on COM, COM+ and DCOM.

Do you want a short learning curve, so open Microsoft Visual C++ and select new project, select ATL Project and EXE, from Insert select new ATL Class and select BASIC, then add one method or two.

From Visual Basic select Project/Refernces and select the project you develop on C++, do this

dim x as new MYCOMPONENTLib
    x.MySubrutine

Ok, THIS IS THE PROBLEM, after this you have to learn C, C++, COM, Automation, Visual Basic and a little other things! But, well you have the basics, even you can make this aproach only with VB, with an ActiveX EXE.

The good thing is: there is a UNKNOW quantity of posibilities you can do with this approach. You can run the methods on two diferent computers, even across the internet.

On linus, search for VisiBroker, or Oracle, they provide RPC called CORBA, with Java.

Like you see, depends of what you wanna do, there are a million of posibilites.

Good Luck!