Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Cool fonts in Graphics

SeriSeri Posts: 28Member
Normally the standard BGI supports us about 10 fonts but they are ... (you know). Have you ever made another font ? If yes, please share me. Thanks.

Comments

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : Normally the standard BGI supports us about 10 fonts but they are ... (you know). Have you ever made another font ? If yes, please share me. Thanks.
    :

Hey there. I have designed a couple. Not that great really, but different. I don't know how easy it will be with BGI (haven't used it in years), but all you need to do is create an array[0.255,0..7,0..7] Of Byte; for 8x8 fonts or larger if you want, say, 16x8. I made a font editor a long time ago and I think I still have it. When I get home I'll see if I can find it and send it off to you. From what I remember it will only edit an 8x8 font, but you can change the code to make it suit your needs if you want.

Also, to display them on the screen, you are going to need to be able to draw individual pixels on the screen (I think BGI lets you do this, right?) then it's just a matter of writing a procedure that will take the data from a particular character and draw it in pixel form on the screen. This may sound complicated, but it is easier than it sounds here.

Phat Nat
  • SeriSeri Posts: 28Member
    : : Normally the standard BGI supports us about 10 fonts but they are ... (you know). Have you ever made another font ? If yes, please share me. Thanks.
    : :
    :
    : Hey there. I have designed a couple. Not that great really, but different. I don't know how easy it will be with BGI (haven't used it in years), but all you need to do is create an array[0.255,0..7,0..7] Of Byte; for 8x8 fonts or larger if you want, say, 16x8. I made a font editor a long time ago and I think I still have it. When I get home I'll see if I can find it and send it off to you. From what I remember it will only edit an 8x8 font, but you can change the code to make it suit your needs if you want.
    :
    : Also, to display them on the screen, you are going to need to be able to draw individual pixels on the screen (I think BGI lets you do this, right?) then it's just a matter of writing a procedure that will take the data from a particular character and draw it in pixel form on the screen. This may sound complicated, but it is easier than it sounds here.
    :
    : Phat Nat
    : ^_^ I know how to create a new font fore sure. But what I've asked is like "CAN I TAKE YOUR WORK ? " :)