Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Making directories???

wizarbowizarbo Posts: 29Member
I am pretty sure you can make your own folder/directorie with pascal. The only problem is i don't know how to. I want to make a folder to put saved files in. So along with making one I would like to know how to hide it, if you can. that way they can't change there stats by getting acess to it. thanks alot!!!
Wizarbo

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2003-3-18 3:27:27[/red][/b][hr]
    : I am pretty sure you can make your own folder/directorie with pascal. The only problem is i don't know how to. I want to make a folder to put saved files in. So along with making one I would like to know how to hide it, if you can. that way they can't change there stats by getting acess to it. thanks alot!!!
    : Wizarbo
    :
    Check out MkDir(), SetFAttr(), and faHidden in the help files. This can still allow the user to edit the data files, but it is slightly more difficult. There are better ways to do this, for example a CRC type check (source code is somewhere on this site).
  • DexterMagnificDexterMagnific Posts: 35Member
    to make directories :

USES DOS;

BEGIN
    MkDir('YourDirectoryWithFullOrLocalPath');
    END.

not tested.
    DexterMagnigfic at yahoo.fr

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : I am pretty sure you can make your own folder/directorie with pascal. The only problem is i don't know how to. I want to make a folder to put saved files in. So along with making one I would like to know how to hide it, if you can. that way they can't change there stats by getting acess to it. thanks alot!!!
    : Wizarbo
    :

Other have already taken care of the Directory creation and hiding. Zibadian mentioned CRC checks which are a good idea as well. The other method I like to use is encryption. It doesn't have to be very good, but it will keep most people from editing their data. Here's a quick example of the normal input and a quick encoding program I wrote:
    [code]
    Name : Phat Nat MALE 24 Programmer
    Encoded : ++--_-+-+_ +5)?QESB
    Decoded : Phat Nat MALE 24 Programmer
    ORD Values of Encoded:
    174 168 183 190 185 209 205 220 230 203 162 189 194
    183 227 241 237 0 218 53 41 29 246 81 69 83 66
    [/code]
    [b]BTW If anyone can figure out my encoding scheme, I'd love to know. You will need to copy and paste this into a file and open it in DOS where it can be seen correctly. I have also included the ORD value of the encoded bytes (decimal form) in case that doesn't work.[/b]

Anyways, this is just a quick example and can easily be put into a game for storing data. Just another idea ;-)

Phat Nat