Background Music - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Background Music

UltimateEndUltimateEnd Posts: 21Member
i am looking for a way to play mp3s, or another kind of music file in the background of my game. i need a command to start it and stop it. if there is one kind of music file that is used, please tell how i can convert mp3s and midis into them. thanx.

Comments

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : i am looking for a way to play mp3s, or another kind of music file in the background of my game. i need a command to start it and stop it. if there is one kind of music file that is used, please tell how i can convert mp3s and midis into them. thanx.
    :

Probably not MP3. It has some very in depth encoding. Your best bet is either WAV files (very large, but high quality music/voice) or to use MOD files (good for music, better quality than MIDI and less space than WAV). I think I posted some code a few weeeks ago for playing music in the background.

Phat Nat
  • UltimateEndUltimateEnd Posts: 21Member
    it looks like your code has fallen off the board, would you be kind enough to post it again? thanks.
  • SeriSeri Posts: 28Member
    : it looks like your code has fallen off the board, would you be kind enough to post it again? thanks.
    : You should find it in the Pascal Source Codes Place, media section.

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : it looks like your code has fallen off the board, would you be kind enough to post it again? thanks.
    :

hehe. Here's the original message, but it doesn't actually say anything. Oh well, Email me and I'll send the unit and conversion program to your email. I just need to find it first...

Phat Nat

http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/msgboard/read.asp?Board=16&MsgID=170987&Setting=A9999F0006
  • ConstantinConstantin Posts: 10Member
    : : it looks like your code has fallen off the board, would you be kind enough to post it again? thanks.
    : :
    :
    : hehe. Here's the original message, but it doesn't actually say anything. Oh well, Email me and I'll send the unit and conversion program to your email. I just need to find it first...
    :
    : Phat Nat
    :
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/msgboard/read.asp?Board=16&MsgID=170987&Setting=A9999F0006
    :

Hi Phat Nat

Can you send me this Unit.
    To Convert music files and play music files in the background.
    Thank you

[email protected]