Background Music - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Background Music

UltimateEndUltimateEnd Posts: 21Member
i am looking for a way to play mp3s, or another kind of music file in the background of my game. i need a command to start it and stop it. if there is one kind of music file that is used, please tell how i can convert mp3s and midis into them. thanx.

Comments

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : i am looking for a way to play mp3s, or another kind of music file in the background of my game. i need a command to start it and stop it. if there is one kind of music file that is used, please tell how i can convert mp3s and midis into them. thanx.
    :

Probably not MP3. It has some very in depth encoding. Your best bet is either WAV files (very large, but high quality music/voice) or to use MOD files (good for music, better quality than MIDI and less space than WAV). I think I posted some code a few weeeks ago for playing music in the background.

Phat Nat
  • UltimateEndUltimateEnd Posts: 21Member
    it looks like your code has fallen off the board, would you be kind enough to post it again? thanks.
  • SeriSeri Posts: 28Member
    : it looks like your code has fallen off the board, would you be kind enough to post it again? thanks.
    : You should find it in the Pascal Source Codes Place, media section.

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : it looks like your code has fallen off the board, would you be kind enough to post it again? thanks.
    :

hehe. Here's the original message, but it doesn't actually say anything. Oh well, Email me and I'll send the unit and conversion program to your email. I just need to find it first...

Phat Nat

http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/msgboard/read.asp?Board=16&MsgID=170987&Setting=A9999F0006
  • ConstantinConstantin Posts: 10Member
    : : it looks like your code has fallen off the board, would you be kind enough to post it again? thanks.
    : :
    :
    : hehe. Here's the original message, but it doesn't actually say anything. Oh well, Email me and I'll send the unit and conversion program to your email. I just need to find it first...
    :
    : Phat Nat
    :
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/msgboard/read.asp?Board=16&MsgID=170987&Setting=A9999F0006
    :

Hi Phat Nat

Can you send me this Unit.
    To Convert music files and play music files in the background.
    Thank you

[email protected]