I'm writing my graduate work about comparision between php, asp.net and jsp. One chapter of my graduate work is about programming with those techniques. I would appreciate if you can give me an answer to 9 questions about JSP. You must agree that I can use your answers in my gradute work.
If you want to give your real name and title, those will also be mentioned, but it's optional. Otherwise I just use something like 'JSP-Expert(s) in www.programmersheaven.com'. If you can only answer a few questions, it would be great too. I'm writing it in Finnish language so it's probably no use to send the ready work for you. (sorry!)
1. Why did you choose JSP, and have you tried others? (asp,php,cfm..)
2. What are in your opinion the main advantages of JSP and possibly the
disadvatanges if there is some ?
3. Does JSP scale well up to larger solutions ?
4. Can JSP-programmer find easily books, advice, or education
to improve his/her skills?
5. What makes JSP better than the other similiar scripting techniques?
6. Is there many good programming tools available for jsp-programming, and what are you using for coding? (also your platform, windows/linux or?)
7. Do you think that JSP is going to get more popular in future, or is it's position weakening? (why?)
8. Are you using components (JavaBeans or other) with JSP, and how important role do those have in JSP-programming?
9. How long did it take you to learn basics of jsp-programming, was it easy or difficult ?
Hope you understood the questions and terms correctly, my english skills are not the best. Thank you for your answers in advance!