problem w SendMessage fn - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

problem w SendMessage fn

arvind17arvind17 Posts: 62Member
hi,
I having problem with this piece of code

SendMessage(WM_LBUTTONDOWN, MK_LBUTTON, MAKELPARAM(fig.x, fig.y) );

There is nothing wrong with the above code.
In View.cpp is OK. No compile errors.

I have a file Draw_Consumer.cpp. I put the above in it. This is where the codes should be according to my a pplication.
I respectively have the error that SendMessage cannot take 3 parameters. I remove one, then it cannot take 2 parameters. I remove another one then it cannot take 1 param. Then similarly it cannot take 1 param when I remove the last one.

Well what should I do to get the above working ?
I guess that in the Draw_Consumer.cpp file the SendMessage is not getting the instance of CWnd which is created when the application has been created. Thought I cannot see what I should be doing.

Anyway let me know what I should be doing.

regards
-arvind

Comments

• AldebaranAldebaran Posts: 23Member
    : hi,
    : I having problem with this piece of code
    :
    : SendMessage(WM_LBUTTONDOWN, MK_LBUTTON, MAKELPARAM(fig.x, fig.y) );
    :
    : There is nothing wrong with the above code.
    : In View.cpp is OK. No compile errors.
    :
    : I have a file Draw_Consumer.cpp. I put the above in it. This is where the codes should be according to my a pplication.
    : I respectively have the error that SendMessage cannot take 3 parameters. I remove one, then it cannot take 2 parameters. I remove another one then it cannot take 1 param. Then similarly it cannot take 1 param when I remove the last one.
    :
    : Well what should I do to get the above working ?
    : I guess that in the Draw_Consumer.cpp file the SendMessage is not getting the instance of CWnd which is created when the application has been created. Thought I cannot see what I should be doing.
    :
    : Anyway let me know what I should be doing.
    :
    : regards
    : -arvind

Since you're using the CWnd::SendMessage method, you need to put an CWnd instance in front of your call, like [b].[/b]SendMessage(...).
    Otherwise your call is taken as the API function, SendMessage() which requires 4 arguments - the first argument is the window handle, followed by the arguments you already have.

• arvind17arvind17 Posts: 62Member
    thanks that helped me.
    I made Draw_Consumer use CWind As base class

: : hi,
    : : I having problem with this piece of code
    : :
    : : SendMessage(WM_LBUTTONDOWN, MK_LBUTTON, MAKELPARAM(fig.x, fig.y) );
    : : There is nothing wrong with the above code.
    : : In View.cpp is OK. No compile errors.
    : : I have a file Draw_Consumer.cpp. I put the above in it. This is where the codes should be according to my a pplication.
    : : I respectively have the error that SendMessage cannot take 3 parameters. I remove one, then it cannot take 2 parameters. I remove another one then it cannot take 1 param. Then similarly it cannot take 1 param when I remove the last one.
    : : Well what should I do to get the above working ?
    : : I guess that in the Draw_Consumer.cpp file the SendMessage is not getting the instance of CWnd which is created when the application has been created. Thought I cannot see what I should be doing.
    : : Anyway let me know what I should be doing.
    : : regards
    : : -arvind
    :
    :
    : Since you're using the CWnd::SendMessage method, you need to put an CWnd instance in front of your call, like [b].[/b]SendMessage(...).
    : Otherwise your call is taken as the API function, SendMessage() which requires 4 arguments - the first argument is the window handle, followed by the arguments you already have.
    :
    :