converting - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

converting

sweetfaith2001sweetfaith2001 Posts: 10Member
Hi,
I have been working and getting along pretty well in pascal but i just encountered 2 problems that i couldn't do. I searched for some points in the book and on the net but i can't find the ones I want.

I would like to
- convert a string into an Integer;
- convert a string to real (which i know is similar to the above one)but specifying number of decimal points.

N.B I know how to convert a real number to string, will that help?

Thank you

Sweetfaith

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi,
    : I have been working and getting along pretty well in pascal but i just encountered 2 problems that i couldn't do. I searched for some points in the book and on the net but i can't find the ones I want.
    :
    : I would like to
    : - convert a string into an Integer;
    : - convert a string to real (which i know is similar to the above one)but specifying number of decimal points.
    :
    : N.B I know how to convert a real number to string, will that help?
    :
    :
    : Thank you
    :
    : Sweetfaith
    :
    For both problems, you'll need to use the Val() function. You cannot specify the number of decimals when converting strings into reals, other than type-casting the real as one of the real-types (i.e. single, real, double, extended). Pascal will automatically append decimal 0's to the number or remove everal decimal.