Problem, can anyone help. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem, can anyone help.

odan16odan16 Posts: 40Member
I have written a program to calculate an electricity bill as part of my college assignment and I've just found a problem that I am unable to solve.

The calculations I have done in the program are correct, but when I display the results of calculations involving high numbers (over 1000), they appear incorrectly and I do not understand why. Can anyone tell me how to solve this?

Comments

• sweeneysweeney Posts: 117Member
    : I have written a program to calculate an electricity bill as part of my college assignment and I've just found a problem that I am unable to solve.
    :
    : The calculations I have done in the program are correct, but when I display the results of calculations involving high numbers (over 1000), they appear incorrectly and I do not understand why. Can anyone tell me how to solve this?
    :
    are you using integer? try using longint; or word; this will give you bigger number abilaty! if not then post some of your code so that we can see where u are going wrong!

sweeney
  • odan16odan16 Posts: 40Member
    Well the output I want is in real format. I've tried using double but it doesn't work either. The calculations I have done are correct and work fine on numbers under 1000.
    : Well the output I want is in real format. I've tried using double but it doesn't work either. The calculations I have done are correct and work fine on numbers under 1000.
    :
    nope its ok right do you know decamal places you need to do it in this case! ok give me the output line and I will fix it!
    : : Well the output I want is in real format. I've tried using double but it doesn't work either. The calculations I have done are correct and work fine on numbers under 1000.
    : :
    : nope its ok right do you know decamal places you need to do it in this case! ok give me the output line and I will fix it!
    :
    see real is decamal numbers! so here is an example

[code]
    program example;
    uses crt;

begin
    write(' Enter the price of the product: ');
    readln(price);
    discount := price / 10;
    writeln('The discount is as follows',discount1:2:); {this is where the decamal is read! :1:2: says is the 2 decamle places after the 1st you can chage that to any number you wish!}
    readln; untill enter is presed;
    end.

• odan16odan16 Posts: 40Member
    Lol omg! I can't believe it! I spent ages looking for the problem and it turns out I just mislabelled a variable. Sorry bout that.
    : Lol omg! I can't believe it! I spent ages looking for the problem and it turns out I just mislabelled a variable. Sorry bout that.
    :
    lmao duhh lol joking hey glad to help anyways! lol