Can you help me with the hardware also? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can you help me with the hardware also?

I am working on a project at the university on writing a software on how we can control 2 boards from the parallel port of a computer, one board has 8 output relays and 8 TTL, and the other has 8 inputs to the computer.
The program consists on :" reading data from the 2nd board and storing that in a file", or "switching on the relays of the first one or it's TTL's".
The choice between the relay or TTL is made by software,and when I am working on the first board, if data comes from the second one it has to wait in a buffer so that we can continue working with the first one without conflicts.
My program should be written in C++.

Any help you can give is really very appreciated,
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• quicksightsquicksights Posts: 15Member
    check out boondog.com for tutorials

first you have complete specs of the printer port pin con, address range(0378H - 037fh), aslo specs of the relay, get a proper relay driver circuit from the net and also get a transistor circuit amplifier that would amplify the 5v output to the required voltage and current to drive the relay. for input use a dip switch and connect it to a buffer like 74ls373.

• korkor Posts: 198Member
    : check out boondog.com for tutorials
    :
    : first you have complete specs of the printer port pin con, address range(0378H - 037fh), aslo specs of the relay, get a proper relay driver circuit from the net and also get a transistor circuit amplifier that would amplify the 5v output to the required voltage and current to drive the relay. for input use a dip switch and connect it to a buffer like 74ls373.
    :
    :
    I get the impression that not only is this homework, but the boards are already built, he simply needs the program.