Can you help me with the hardware also? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can you help me with the hardware also?

I am working on a project at the university on writing a software on how we can control 2 boards from the parallel port of a computer, one board has 8 output relays and 8 TTL, and the other has 8 inputs to the computer.
The program consists on :" reading data from the 2nd board and storing that in a file", or "switching on the relays of the first one or it's TTL's".
The choice between the relay or TTL is made by software,and when I am working on the first board, if data comes from the second one it has to wait in a buffer so that we can continue working with the first one without conflicts.
My program should be written in C++.

Any help you can give is really very appreciated,
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• quicksightsquicksights Posts: 15Member
    check out boondog.com for tutorials

first you have complete specs of the printer port pin con, address range(0378H - 037fh), aslo specs of the relay, get a proper relay driver circuit from the net and also get a transistor circuit amplifier that would amplify the 5v output to the required voltage and current to drive the relay. for input use a dip switch and connect it to a buffer like 74ls373.

• korkor Posts: 198Member
    : check out boondog.com for tutorials
    :
    : first you have complete specs of the printer port pin con, address range(0378H - 037fh), aslo specs of the relay, get a proper relay driver circuit from the net and also get a transistor circuit amplifier that would amplify the 5v output to the required voltage and current to drive the relay. for input use a dip switch and connect it to a buffer like 74ls373.
    :
    :
    I get the impression that not only is this homework, but the boards are already built, he simply needs the program.