Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem with .NET

nebin333nebin333 Posts: 38Member
I created a few programs with VS.NET but then realized I couldn't run them on other computers - the apps look for certain .dlls and some other stuff... If anyone knows how to get them to run (expecially C# of C++) please let me know. If there is a way to work that into an install routine also let me know. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• raymcdraymcd Posts: 284Member
    : I created a few programs with VS.NET but then realized I couldn't run them on other computers - the apps look for certain .dlls and some other stuff... If anyone knows how to get them to run (expecially C# of C++) please let me know. If there is a way to work that into an install routine also let me know. Thanks for the help.
    :

So long as you are using built-in framework classes, you just need to make sure that the DotNetFramework is installed. Obviously you will also need to install any assemblies that you create as well. IF you have added any references to anything like Microsoft Excel/Word Objects, or ADO 2.5/2.6/2.7 the user will also need these objects installed.

-Ray