Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Code segment too long

MaStMuNdAMaStMuNdA Posts: 17Member
now i ahev another problem where at the end of a procedure i get an error 'code segment too long'

i had this error at the end of my main program but i deleted extra spaces and also i shorted some of my coding. but now i cam stuck :(

any suggestions?

Comments

• steveXPsteveXP Posts: 22Member
    : now i ahev another problem where at the end of a procedure i get an error 'code segment too long'
    :
    : i had this error at the end of my main program but i deleted extra spaces and also i shorted some of my coding. but now i cam stuck :(
    :
    : any suggestions?
    :
    Hey there. Because you say you compile your program and get the Code Segment error i assume your code segment error is nothing to do with recursion. To fix your error you could try breaking your program down into Units and If this doesn't work try using the overlays unit. Hopefully that helps ya.

SteveXp o(-_-)o
  • MaStMuNdAMaStMuNdA Posts: 17Member
    : : now i ahev another problem where at the end of a procedure i get an error 'code segment too long'
    : :
    : : i had this error at the end of my main program but i deleted extra spaces and also i shorted some of my coding. but now i cam stuck :(
    : : any suggestions?
    : Hey there. Because you say you compile your program and get the Code Segment error i assume your code segment error is nothing to do with recursion. To fix your error you could try breaking your program down into Units and If this doesn't work try using the overlays unit. Hopefully that helps ya.
    :
    : SteveXp o(-_-)o
    :

the thing is i dont knwo how to do units :'(

can u plz tell me how to do them?
  • Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : : : now i ahev another problem where at the end of a procedure i get an error 'code segment too long'
    : : :
    : : : i had this error at the end of my main program but i deleted extra spaces and also i shorted some of my coding. but now i cam stuck :(
    : : : any suggestions?
    : : Hey there. Because you say you compile your program and get the Code Segment error i assume your code segment error is nothing to do with recursion. To fix your error you could try breaking your program down into Units and If this doesn't work try using the overlays unit. Hopefully that helps ya.
    : : SteveXp o(-_-)o
    :
    : the thing is i dont knwo how to do units :'(
    :
    : can u plz tell me how to do them?

Just put procedures that you use all the time into them. this is the format:

[code]
    UNIT unitname;

INTERFACE { Anything in here is available to other programs }

PROCEDURE AnyProceduresThatYouWantToUse;

IMPLEMENTATION { Anything in here is not available to other programs }

{ Define the Procedure Here }
    PROCEDURE AnyProceduresThatYouWantToUse;
    Begin
    Writeln('PROCEDURE!');
    End;

Begin
    End.
    [/code]

Sorry, I have to run. This is the basics, hope it helps.

Phat Nat