how to make a window close down when finished with.?? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to make a window close down when finished with.??

Jabon102Jabon102 Posts: 8Member
need a source code so that once i have finished using the window and it says inactive, the window shuts down automaticlly.
any ideas?
cheers....

Comments

• DexterMagnificDexterMagnific Posts: 35Member
    You're running your program in a DOS box i suppose ...

Well, you cannot make it closing when it terminates by some code.
    These things are handled by Window$. To close automatically your window when your program finishes, do the folloqing :

do to the directory where your compiled program (with a .EXE extension) is.
    Looki at the .PIF file associated with. (eg if your program is MyProg.PAS, go to the dir where MyProg.EXE is located ans serch for MyProg.PIF).
    Select it, and open contextual menu (with right mouse button) ans select "Properties". look at the options and check "Close after program finishes" or something like that.

Hope it helps.
    DexterMagnigfic at yahoo.fr

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : You're running your program in a DOS box i suppose ...
    :
    : Well, you cannot make it closing when it terminates by some code.
    : These things are handled by Window$. To close automatically your window when your program finishes, do the folloqing :
    :
    : do to the directory where your compiled program (with a .EXE extension) is.
    : Looki at the .PIF file associated with. (eg if your program is MyProg.PAS, go to the dir where MyProg.EXE is located ans serch for MyProg.PIF).
    : Select it, and open contextual menu (with right mouse button) ans select "Properties". look at the options and check "Close after program finishes" or something like that.
    :
    : Hope it helps.
    : DexterMagnigfic at yahoo.fr

Even easier, is to run the program, then while it is running, hit ALT-SPACE and select PROPERTIES. Select the CLOSE ON EXIT check box and hit OK.

Phat Nat

• Jabon102Jabon102 Posts: 8Member
    thanks for ya help, my mate said there was a canclose statement which did it and i was just wondering if u knew how to do it any ideas?
    cheers

: : You're running your program in a DOS box i suppose ...
    : :
    : : Well, you cannot make it closing when it terminates by some code.
    : : These things are handled by Window$. To close automatically your window when your program finishes, do the folloqing :
    : : do to the directory where your compiled program (with a .EXE extension) is.
    : : Looki at the .PIF file associated with. (eg if your program is MyProg.PAS, go to the dir where MyProg.EXE is located ans serch for MyProg.PIF).
    : : Select it, and open contextual menu (with right mouse button) ans select "Properties". look at the options and check "Close after program finishes" or something like that.
    : : Hope it helps.
    : : DexterMagnigfic at yahoo.fr
    :
    : Even easier, is to run the program, then while it is running, hit ALT-SPACE and select PROPERTIES. Select the CLOSE ON EXIT check box and hit OK.
    :
    : Phat Nat
    :
    :

• johnpilulajohnpilula Posts: 2Member
    : need a source code so that once i have finished using the window and it says inactive, the window shuts down automaticlly.
    : any ideas?
    : cheers....
    :
    :
    ITS SIMPLE!
    EG.
    USES WINCRT;
    BEGIN
    WRITE('HELO');
    DONEWINCRT;
    END.

THE 'DONEWINCRT' WILL CLOSE THE WINDOW