Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

i need to play mp3 in qbasic... HOW?

if someone know how can i play an mp3 on a sound card please let me know.....

thank you!!!

Comments

• I think that may be a problem, qbasic is so incredibly slow that writing a mp3 decoder in real time would need an extremely fast computer... unless, that is, if you have the hardware that plays mp3s as they are =)

: if someone know how can i play an mp3 on a sound card please let me know.....

: thank you!!!

• Convert the MP3 file into a WAV file. Then,

input "WAV File to play?", wavfile$

shell "rundll mmsystem,sndPlaySound " + wavfile$

print "WAV Should now be playing..."

That will play a wav file for you. HOWEVER, this only works in Windows 95 or higher, because of the use of the API command. Don't know what API is? No worries, just use the code, and be happy.

Note:

You can only do this to WAV files, and no other sound types. I'm currently building an external library in C++ for use with Qbasic, and it may give the ability to play wave files, mid files, mp3's, that is, if I can get it coded correctly.

Merry x-mas

VyroIngo

• library in C++ for use with Qbasic, and it may give the ability to play wave files, mid files, mp3's, that is, if I can get it coded correctly.

Hey! I'd be interrested in this Lib of yours if you could tell me where it is!!