Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

.exe

sweeneysweeney Posts: 117Member
how can you do a program that will run as a .exe or something so it can work in different computers??

Comments

• UltimateEndUltimateEnd Posts: 21Member
    when you compile the program, a .exe is automatically saved into the same folder as the source file, and it has the same name too! it can be run on any computer, and it doesn't need the source code with it.
  • OpiusOpius Posts: 14Member
    : when you compile the program, a .exe is automatically saved into the same folder as the source file, and it has the same name too! it can be run on any computer, and it doesn't need the source code with it.
    :
    Occasionally, one must change where the project is being compiled to. I know that in TP7, you have to change the comile from memory to disk to create an .exe file.
  • sweeneysweeney Posts: 117Member
    : : when you compile the program, a .exe is automatically saved into the same folder as the source file, and it has the same name too! it can be run on any computer, and it doesn't need the source code with it.
    : :
    : Occasionally, one must change where the project is being compiled to. I know that in TP7, you have to change the comile from memory to disk to create an .exe file.
    :
    I have an old TP I have tryed saveing it as a .exe and it dose come out as an ordanary dos file but when I try it on a different computer it dosent work!
  • Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : : : when you compile the program, a .exe is automatically saved into the same folder as the source file, and it has the same name too! it can be run on any computer, and it doesn't need the source code with it.
    : : :
    : : Occasionally, one must change where the project is being compiled to. I know that in TP7, you have to change the comile from memory to disk to create an .exe file.
    : I have an old TP I have tryed saveing it as a .exe and it dose come out as an ordanary dos file but when I try it on a different computer it dosent work!
    :

You can't just save it as a .EXE file. It will still save it as a Pascal file, but with a .EXE extension. In TP5.5, load your program, then under the COMPILE menu, select DESTINATION (=DISK). Now, when you run your program or select COMPILE->MAKE (F9 key) it will write the .EXE file to the current directory.

So, if you load your program, FILENAME.PAS and then select COMPILE -> DESTINATION=DISK. When you hit F9, FILENAME.EXE will be created.

TTYL,
    Phat Nat

: : : : when you compile the program, a .exe is automatically saved into the same folder as the source file, and it has the same name too! it can be run on any computer, and it doesn't need the source code with it.
    : : : :
    : : : Occasionally, one must change where the project is being compiled to. I know that in TP7, you have to change the comile from memory to disk to create an .exe file.
    : : I have an old TP I have tryed saveing it as a .exe and it dose come out as an ordanary dos file but when I try it on a different computer it dosent work!
    :
    : You can't just save it as a .EXE file. It will still save it as a Pascal file, but with a .EXE extension. In TP5.5, load your program, then under the COMPILE menu, select DESTINATION (=DISK). Now, when you run your program or select COMPILE->MAKE (F9 key) it will write the .EXE file to the current directory.
    :
    : So, if you load your program, FILENAME.PAS and then select COMPILE -> DESTINATION=DISK. When you hit F9, FILENAME.EXE will be created.
    :
    : TTYL,
    : Phat Nat
    :
    :
    thanks that worked! but another problem lol its a small screen and I want it to be a big screen! how can I change the size of the wondow??
  • OpiusOpius Posts: 14Member
    : : : : : when you compile the program, a .exe is automatically saved into the same folder as the source file, and it has the same name too! it can be run on any computer, and it doesn't need the source code with it.
    : : : : :
    : : : : Occasionally, one must change where the project is being compiled to. I know that in TP7, you have to change the comile from memory to disk to create an .exe file.
    : : : I have an old TP I have tryed saveing it as a .exe and it dose come out as an ordanary dos file but when I try it on a different computer it dosent work!
    : : You can't just save it as a .EXE file. It will still save it as a Pascal file, but with a .EXE extension. In TP5.5, load your program, then under the COMPILE menu, select DESTINATION (=DISK). Now, when you run your program or select COMPILE->MAKE (F9 key) it will write the .EXE file to the current directory.
    : : So, if you load your program, FILENAME.PAS and then select COMPILE -> DESTINATION=DISK. When you hit F9, FILENAME.EXE will be created.
    : : TTYL,
    : : Phat Nat
    : thanks that worked! but another problem lol its a small screen and I want it to be a big screen! how can I change the size of the wondow??
    :
    while its running type Alt+Enter to change it to fullscreen mode, otherwhise you can't change the size of an MS-DOS window
    -Opius
    : : : : : : when you compile the program, a .exe is automatically saved into the same folder as the source file, and it has the same name too! it can be run on any computer, and it doesn't need the source code with it.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : Occasionally, one must change where the project is being compiled to. I know that in TP7, you have to change the comile from memory to disk to create an .exe file.
    : : : : :
    : : : : I have an old TP I have tryed saveing it as a .exe and it dose come out as an ordanary dos file but when I try it on a different computer it dosent work!
    : : : You can't just save it as a .EXE file. It will still save it as a Pascal file, but with a .EXE extension. In TP5.5, load your program, then under the COMPILE menu, select DESTINATION (=DISK). Now, when you run your program or select COMPILE->MAKE (F9 key) it will write the .EXE file to the current directory.
    : : : So, if you load your program, FILENAME.PAS and then select COMPILE -> DESTINATION=DISK. When you hit F9, FILENAME.EXE will be created.
    : : : TTYL,
    : : : Phat Nat
    : : thanks that worked! but another problem lol its a small screen and I want it to be a big screen! how can I change the size of the wondow??
    : while its running type Alt+Enter to change it to fullscreen mode, otherwhise you can't change the size of an MS-DOS window
    : -Opius
    :
    thanks its got a repeat untill keypressed lol so I will need to take that out or it probly want work lol! thanks anyways!
  • Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : : : thanks that worked! but another problem lol its a small screen and I want it to be a big screen! how can I change the size of the wondow??
    : : while its running type Alt+Enter to change it to fullscreen mode, otherwhise you can't change the size of an MS-DOS window
    : : -Opius
    : thanks its got a repeat untill keypressed lol so I will need to take that out or it probly want work lol! thanks anyways!

Nope. Windows will catch the keystroke before it gets to your program and your program will never see it.

Phat Nat