Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

VB.NET or C# for building a game tool?

AntonyAntony Member Posts: 32
I want to build a level editor or a simple 3d model viewer.However I dont know which language of these two to use:VB.NET or C#.I would very much like to hear your opinion.Thanks.

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : I want to build a level editor or a simple 3d model viewer.However I dont know which language of these two to use:VB.NET or C#.I would very much like to hear your opinion.Thanks.
    :
    I use C and/or C++. It's what game developers use and I am following their actions. You'll see other languages mixed-in ocassionally, but not as much.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• afterdeathafterdeath Member Posts: 14
    : : I want to build a level editor or a simple 3d model viewer.However I dont know which language of these two to use:VB.NET or C#.I would very much like to hear your opinion.Thanks.
    : :
    : I use C and/or C++. It's what game developers use and I am following their actions. You'll see other languages mixed-in ocassionally, but not as much.
    :
    I agree the C and/C++ is what is mostly used for game programming and 3D modelers. But I have wrote a simple 3D modeler using C# and OpenGL, as it was quite a simple program, I didn't get any speed drawbacks, but the inderface was easy to build.
    There are many wrapeprs on the net for OpenGL.
  • BattleGuardBattleGuard Member Posts: 166
    Hi,
    I don't know much about C#, but i am an intermediate VB.Net programmer. I would say, from what i have known, that VB.net is a little easier for doing that, but C# is better for more options, since it is the latest version of C and C is the best for making games and tools. But C# has its downfalls, like it being caps-sensitive etc.
    I would choose from those two, but i would C3 is better, if you are making something like 3d game studio. But for an always-useable, small game tool, i would say VB.net. Easy. Fast. Reliable. VB.net also has a better debugger. Choose

HTH
    BattleGuard

: I want to build a level editor or a simple 3d model viewer.However I dont know which language of these two to use:VB.NET or C#.I would very much like to hear your opinion.Thanks.
    :