Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What is the virus, and how it is created in assembler

minhnguyena7minhnguyena7 Member Posts: 145
I have heard something that we can use assembler to make the virus.
however : what is a virus, and how it is created in assembly? ( i will never be a hacker, i just want to know about that.

Comments

• CroWCroW Member Posts: 348
    one thing first: i will not help anyone to write viri and i wont post any sourcecodes,there enough script-kiddies outthere.

a virus is a piece of executable code which is able to copy itsself in other executables.in most cases the virus couldnt execute without an infected file.executable-files have some kind of header (win32-files have a PE-header for example) which instructs the operating system how to load the code an what memory it needs.a virus is a single piece of code without any header.

1. search an executable which is NOT nfected.
    2. copy complete viri-code to that file
    3. change entry-point of the executable to viri-code
    4. modify viri-code in executable to jump to original entrypoint after perfomring all viri-stuff
    5. optinaly: execute damage-routine (format hd,flash rombios,...)

you could create viri in nearly all programming languages,but assembly has some clear advantages because it produces fast and small code and is very flexible because of the low-level character of it.there exist a lot of "educational"-viri written in pascal or c,but they are very simply things.but some functionality like stealth-viri or self-encrypting viri are very hard to do in asm and nearly impossible in high-level languages.

one thing last: this refers only to "real" binary viruses,macro-viri are working similiar,but there are some important differences,but that is not the topic of that forum.