Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Using the up,down,left,and right arrow keys

I am trying to make a game that you are CHR$(1) (the symbol of the pac man guy) and you chase the other guy CHR$(2) around the screen.I was just wondering how would i use the arrow keys and have the character CHR$(1) under your control.Do you know what i'm talking about???Please help me!

Comments

• : I am trying to make a game that you are CHR$(1) (the symbol of the pac man guy) and you chase the other guy CHR$(2) around the screen.I was just wondering how would i use the arrow keys and have the character CHR$(1) under your control.Do you know what i'm talking about???Please help me!

Send me your e-mail. I think I can make a file that points out this technic.

• : I am trying to make a game that you are CHR$(1) (the symbol of the pac man guy) and you chase the other guy CHR$(2) around the screen.I was just wondering how would i use the arrow keys and have the character CHR$(1) under your control.Do you know what i'm talking about???Please help me!

To use the arrow keys U use the INKEY$ command

as usual, like this:

x$ = inkey$

if x$ """ then

if x$ = "a" then do something!

if x$ = chr$(0) + "H" then UP

if x$ = chr$(0) + "P" then DOWN

if x$ = chr$(0) + "K" then LEFT

if x$ = chr$(0) + "M" then RIGHT

end if

got it? U use the CHR$(0) in front.

To see the codes for other keys use this: