Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

java applet class not found problem!!!

bashar80bashar80 Member Posts: 32
Hi,

I am facing a problem running applets on html pages. The applets are running with appletviewer, but i am getting "class not found" error when running the html file in IE. What could be the problem? I double checked the name and file location.

PLZ help... Thanks

bashar

Comments

• MeanSmileMeanSmile Member Posts: 137
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am facing a problem running applets on html pages. The applets are running with appletviewer, but i am getting "class not found" error when running the html file in IE. What could be the problem? I double checked the name and file location.
    :
    : PLZ help... Thanks
    :
    : bashar
    :
    u need to get: iether!
    A-new plugin JRE for i-explorer or
    B- get a program called HTML converter which comes with the J2SDK package i think! it converst the html tags so that you can
    view applets from newly compiled classes, i used to have this problem heaps too, thi program fixes it
    its nothing to do with your code, it has to do with internte explorer!

Hope this helps

Leon Yuhanov
    GSCo. & MSP
    Melbourne, Australia
    Visit me @ http://home.iprimus.com.au/yuhanov/gsc/gschome01.html
    Email me @ yuhanov@iprimus.com.au

• MeanSmileMeanSmile Member Posts: 137
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am facing a problem running applets on html pages. The applets are running with appletviewer, but i am getting "class not found" error when running the html file in IE. What could be the problem? I double checked the name and file location.
    :
    : PLZ help... Thanks
    :
    : bashar
    :
    u need to get: iether!
    A-new plugin JRE for i-explorer or
    B- get a program called HTML converter which comes with the J2SDK package i think! it converst the html tags so that you can
    view applets from newly compiled classes, i used to have this problem heaps too, thi program fixes it
    its nothing to do with your code, it has to do with internte explorer!

Hope this helps

Leon Yuhanov
    GSCo. & MSP
    Melbourne, Australia
    Visit me @ http://home.iprimus.com.au/yuhanov/gsc/gschome01.html
    Email me @ yuhanov@iprimus.com.au

• bashar80bashar80 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks...

The first option really worked :)
    The second didnt work, i tried it before posting, but installing jre1.4 did... really thanks :)