Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Int 14

wickskidwickskid Member Posts: 1
I am setting up a home network using the comm port to send files as i am interested in learning the int 14. I would like to send and recive files from the RS232 port. I am entirely stuck any thoughts or help on this project that anyone could give would be wholely apreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : I am setting up a home network using the comm port to send files as i am interested in learning the int 14. I would like to send and recive files from the RS232 port. I am entirely stuck any thoughts or help on this project that anyone could give would be wholely apreciated.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    [blue]So, where is your problem? The Docs for INT 14h is pretty much clear: init COMx, send byte, receive byte, some diagnostics... You have to set up two buffers: input and output and then send/receive them symbol by symbol.[/blue]
  • blipblip Member Posts: 756
    I would recommend controlling the hardware directly because INT 14h doesn't offer very high transfer rates. With direct hardware access, like that used in INTERLNK and INTERSVR (at least I think they use it...), you can reach speeds up to 115.2Kb/s with _standard_ COM ports. With newer, sometimes non-standard ports, you can reach higher speeds. USB and FireWire use a completely different architecture.