Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Tutorial

Is qbasic the best way to start programing and what are its limitations. Also i am wanting to conect a program to another file. I know how to do it to another .bas file but i want to have a run command to a .exe file for example to load windows. How would i do that?

Comments

• : Is qbasic the best way to start programing and what are its limitations. Also i am wanting to conect a program to another file. I know how to do it to another .bas file but i want to have a run command to a .exe file for example to load windows. How would i do that?

Hi,

Qbasic is a good place to start learning programming, in my opinion. It does have its down sides, but it is quite easy to learn. If I understand you correctly, you know how to run one BAS program from another BAS program, but you also want to be able to run EXE files from your program. This is possible with the SHELL statement. It runs COMMAND.COM as a child proces, in a shell environment. If you provide a DOS command or program name to SHELL, just as you would type it on the DOS prompt, then the command will be executed. However, since it is a child process, it is generally not recommendable to use it for running TSR's or large programs such as games, and definately not windows.

Greets,

Mark