Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

XSL Title help

This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.
    :
    :
    :

I'm not sure what the problem here is. You have an xml file of projects information and you want a stylesheet to make it an HTML table?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• SteegeSteege Posts: 3Member
    : : This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.
    : :
    :
    : I'm not sure what the problem here is. You have an xml file of projects information and you want a stylesheet to make it an HTML table?
    :
    :
    :
    : What i would like to do is when the user hovers over the td cell for the project name, the project description would show up in the title. kind of like using a tool tip
    :

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : : : This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.
    : : :
    : : I'm not sure what the problem here is. You have an xml file of projects information and you want a stylesheet to make it an HTML table?
    : : What i would like to do is when the user hovers over the td cell for the project name, the project description would show up in the title. kind of like using a tool tip

If you want to add an attribute to a tag, you can do something like this:

[code]
    <?xml version="1.0"?>

[/code]

The xsl:attribute tag in this case will add it's contents to an attribute named "title" in the inclosing td node.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• SteegeSteege Posts: 3Member
    : : : : This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.
    : : : :
    : : : I'm not sure what the problem here is. You have an xml file of projects information and you want a stylesheet to make it an HTML table?
    : : : What i would like to do is when the user hovers over the td cell for the project name, the project description would show up in the title. kind of like using a tool tip
    :
    : If you want to add an attribute to a tag, you can do something like this:
    :
    : [code]
    : <?xml version="1.0"?>
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : The xsl:attribute tag in this case will add it's contents to an attribute named "title" in the inclosing td node.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :

you rock
    thanks!