Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Neural Net Object Orientation

hobgoblinhobgoblin Posts: 2Member
I have to write a neural net for my uni course to recognise peoples faces. The pictures may be at different orientations to those given as training data.
Does anyone any ideas on what network would be best (I was thinking back propogation) and algorithms to preprocess the image to orientate it.

I inted to scale the pricture so that the actual face is always the same percentage of the whole image before feeding the pixel values into the net.

The only way I can think of to find the orientation is to rotate the input points one unit at a time, monitoring the output to find the most likely image. This would seem to have a very large processing overhead though. Any thoughts?

Cheers guys

Tom