Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Fast SVGA/VESA routines - anyone got any?

Hi,

I'm writing a DOS shell type program, but for the ninties (or for the 00's?). I have written some SVGA code, but some of it isn't very fast. Can anyone out there help me? You will get credits and a copy of the shell (If you want it)

Mail me

Ian

Comments

• : Hi,

: I'm writing a DOS shell type program, but for the ninties (or for the 00's?). I have written some SVGA code, but some of it isn't very fast. Can anyone out there help me? You will get credits and a copy of the shell (If you want it)

: Mail me

: Ian

I could help once my asm VESA routs are done. Just mention me in the credits and don't rip.

• I made my own routines, BUT they uses direct access to the SVGA paging registers -> you must figure it out first, what your card uses and modify the code. With call absolute will be easy. The bigest problem is, to use basic code. Maybe the best choice is to use external routines or programs made in faster languages. You write a program in C++ with the ability to draw by commands via command line parameters and use it from qbasic by the shell command.

URL:http://ural2.hszk.bme.hu/~cl206