Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

C++ Beginner game programmers attention!

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to C++ and I'd like to learn a lot more about it. Therefor a friend of mine and I are planning to make a game in C++.

The exact idear and story of the game isn't clear yet but we do know that it must be:

A RPG game
2D-Background, probebly 3D-characters
The screen lay-out is going to be ZELDA(New GBA Game) like

My friend and I are working on screen details, characters, the storyline now. We've got little C++ programming experience and this is a big challange for us. Because it's such a big challange for us it might me easier to make the game with a couple more programmers.

If you're interested in joining us with making this game, then please contact me at: kevin_freaked_out@hotmail.com. Subject line: C++ Game. Please suply me with information about your programming experience and what you really like to program(empl: Grapics, AI, Sound, Backgrounds, Art).

I will try and read all e-mails as soon as possible and you're mail will certainly be replied.

Comments

• Mr. ChiMr. Chi Member Posts: 11
    How are you with not much experience going to do that...
    I am also going to do this like, but I'm finishing my basic tutorial before.

for more info: www.netgamers.tk But I must agree with you that your first time is a big challenge, so it is for me.
    But I'd recommend that you first go learn the basics, then we'll talk further.

: Hi there,
    :
    : I'm fairly new to C++ and I'd like to learn a lot more about it. Therefor a friend of mine and I are planning to make a game in C++.
    :
    : The exact idear and story of the game isn't clear yet but we do know that it must be:
    :
    : A RPG game
    : 2D-Background, probebly 3D-characters
    : The screen lay-out is going to be ZELDA(New GBA Game) like
    :
    : My friend and I are working on screen details, characters, the storyline now. We've got little C++ programming experience and this is a big challange for us. Because it's such a big challange for us it might me easier to make the game with a couple more programmers.
    :
    : If you're interested in joining us with making this game, then please contact me at: kevin_freaked_out@hotmail.com. Subject line: C++ Game. Please suply me with information about your programming experience and what you really like to program(empl: Grapics, AI, Sound, Backgrounds, Art).
    :
    : I will try and read all e-mails as soon as possible and you're mail will certainly be replied.
    :

• QaneQane Member Posts: 91
    [purple]
    It may be worth while you hosting your project on www.sourceforge.net and others.
    [/purple]
  • NytbladeNytblade Member Posts: 56
    I was like you when I 1st started programming with C++. I wanted to make games. But let me suggest you read a book like "Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 24 hours" then buy a book on Data Structures in C++, and then you'll have enough knowledge and experience in C++ to start your adventures in game programming. That's what I've done. I'm a computer science major, and have taken 6 hours in CSC (the classes teach c++)Now that I'm very comfortable and knoweldgeable about the language and object oriented programming, I've started diving into Windows programming and game programming. I know you want to start right now, but just if you start a game as a begginner programmer, you won't create anything specatular if you create anything at all. Just be patient. Believe me, I've been where you are right now. Happy learning!

--Nytblade

: Hi there,
    :
    : I'm fairly new to C++ and I'd like to learn a lot more about it. Therefor a friend of mine and I are planning to make a game in C++.
    :
    : The exact idear and story of the game isn't clear yet but we do know that it must be:
    :
    : A RPG game
    : 2D-Background, probebly 3D-characters
    : The screen lay-out is going to be ZELDA(New GBA Game) like
    :
    : My friend and I are working on screen details, characters, the storyline now. We've got little C++ programming experience and this is a big challange for us. Because it's such a big challange for us it might me easier to make the game with a couple more programmers.
    :
    : If you're interested in joining us with making this game, then please contact me at: kevin_freaked_out@hotmail.com. Subject line: C++ Game. Please suply me with information about your programming experience and what you really like to program(empl: Grapics, AI, Sound, Backgrounds, Art).
    :
    : I will try and read all e-mails as soon as possible and you're mail will certainly be replied.
    :

• KayDeeKayDee Member Posts: 111
    I'm not a huge fan of the Sams books...and if you, like me, can't afford a good book for any ol' reason I suggest you download a book called 'Thinking in C++' by Bruce Eckel. There's one for Java as well, should anyone be interested.
    [red]K[/red][blue]ay[/blue][red]D[/red][blue]ee[/blue]

Were's the link to the download?

: I'm not a huge fan of the Sams books...and if you, like me, can't afford a good book for any ol' reason I suggest you download a book called 'Thinking in C++' by Bruce Eckel. There's one for Java as well, should anyone be interested.
    : [red]K[/red][blue]ay[/blue][red]D[/red][blue]ee[/blue]
    :
    :

: I'm not a huge fan of the Sams books...and if you, like me, can't afford a good book for any ol' reason I suggest you download a book called 'Thinking in C++' by Bruce Eckel. There's one for Java as well, should anyone be interested.
    :
    :
    Geez!!! do I look like some kind of google slave?!?! :P

[red]K[/red][blue]ay[/blue][red]D[/red][blue]ee[/blue]

Yes, your 'name' color is the same as Google's name...
    :-P

: Geez!!! do I look like some kind of google slave?!?! :P
    :
    :
    :

[b][red]This message was edited by KayDee at 2003-6-16 0:44:14[/red][/b][hr]
    NOW I might look like a google slave...and just because I'm such a nice person: http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html for all you lazy bastards out there :P

[blue]K[/blue][red]a[/red][yellow]y[/yellow][blue]D[/blue][green]e[/green][red]e[/red]